Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As posted on the MSRA Forum

Today I had the pleasure to talk with Rod at the shop today. Although he was disappointed over the cancellation of the event in Miramichi he had some great stories to share. A particular story involving a fan terminally ill with lung cancer was quite amazing. To hear Rod share the story of this mans inspiring journey to attend the event was heart wrenching. Stories like these puts life into perspective. A rain out just doesn't seem like a big deal after all.

On a lighter note Rod did say that he was scheduled to run the World Fastest Street Car and Pro Modified as well. This would have been an amazing event if the weather wasn't a factor. I have a tentative date set for seeing Rod and his Corvette at our Fuddruckers Car Show in September. I will keep everyone posted when I have the date set.

Greg

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This story is simply amazing. Rod and his crew noticed a man hanging around there pit area for a couple of days. They also noticed that he had a Chevelle close to there pit. There were pillows and blankets in the car. Yes this man was sleeping in his car. After seeing this man was traveling alone Rod insited that he come into there motorhome for some coffee. During there conversations they found out this man is terminally ill with lung cancer and has two weeks to live. The Miramichi Event and Rod Saboury gave him the inspiration to bring his car and attend the show.

As Rod told me the story I noticed how much this touched him in a special way. As many racers left there cars in the trailers Rod and his crew toughed the weather and greeted all the fans. Thank you Rod for being such a down to earth man!

Greg

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I know I've said it before but it just doesn't get any better than Rod & Tina. Rod is a great car builder but he is even a better person. I'm proud to call him a friend and a neighbor.

·
from across the pond...
6,951 Posts
I know I've said it before but it just doesn't get any better than Rod & Tina. Rod is a great car builder but he is even a better person. I'm proud to call him a friend and a neighbor.
I agree with you 100%.... I'd like to think we have become good friends and will hopefully see one another at some point in the future.
Him,his team and the car are superb ambassadors for this sport.... It's a great shame we didn't get to race..

·
Registered
27 Posts
Very pleased to meet Rod once more he has always been A true gentleman of the sport and on of the reasons we bought the type of car we did. Andy Frost proved to be A true gentleman of the sport as well. Very disappointed not to get to race such hero's of the sport we love. Not likley to get such an oppertunity again, but sure hope to. My sister in law and her brother Flippy Phillip Gyuk's father passed away this morning.May he rest in peace God bless the family in this hard time.

·
from across the pond...
6,951 Posts
you guys were also gents. you know i wanted to race with you.Don't worry,we'll meet again.
Sorry to hear about your family loss......

·
Registered
485 Posts
Rod drove his vette down from a buddys house in Westminister to Eldersburg saturday nite for a local cruise at the Home Depot. It was sure cool to actually see and hear that car on the road.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I heard that as well. Ira stopped in and said that he did talk to Rod at the Eldersburg Home Depot Show. The car is a of work of art! Rod and I are working on a date in September to attend our Owings Mills Fuddruckers Show. I will keep everyone posted when a date is set.

Greg

·
Registered
40 Posts
Rod and Tina are 2 of the most ginuine people on earth. I am proud to call them friends, and of all my racing memories being with them are the best. We traveld alot together for a few years going to races and we matched race together and always a blast.

He was the reason I stepped up to Pro Street in the eairly 90's and I found a letter 1 of several he wrote me and the memories all come rushing back.I want to thank him for all lhis support in the eairly days and its great to see him out doing it again.

Wish i lived back up that way to come see him.I wish he and Tina all the best.

I miss you guys
Johnny Barb

1 - 17 of 17 Posts