Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a list of OE rocker pivot lengths available somewhere?

Thanks

·
Go Phuck youself
12,353 Posts
I checked also with acouple of rocker manufactures they dont cataloge that information and was not advailable. I know jesel and T&D do but they wont help for shit with that kind of info. There all ass holes if you ask me.

·
Registered
10,234 Posts
for what engine, I might be able to answer that for you.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What I am looking for is an OE rocker that is 7/16" stud mount, 1.7 ratio, and 1.450" pivot length. Which engines had rockers that fit these specs?

Thanks!

·
Registered
13,485 Posts
KINDA DEPENDS on what you call a "OE rocker"....

if you mean stock original factory as supplied off of the showroom...???

OR WHAT....??

what are you attempting to do....??

a common SBC is 1.480
a common SBF straight valve is 1.437 or so.

depends on what head.

the thing to remember is that most every common head has the STUDS AT AN INTERSECTING ANGLE TO THE VALVE STEM,

SO,
when the rocker is raised higher above a "starting average position"...
then the needed length of rocker pivot length will have to be SHORTER in order to keep
the roller tip in the center of the valvetip....

depends on what head.

what is the reason for the specified callout of a 1.450 " pivot length...???

EXPLAIN.

·
Registered
13,485 Posts
but remember..
THAT is what they are SUPPOSE TO BE..

NOT EVERY MAKER of a rocker that they say is for a certain engine / head IS CORRECT.
example a sbc..there are a number of makers that have different lengths..they all fit different...some run off the edge of valve tip..or any number of maladies...
not all makers agree on what the length should be....

there are rockers that the maker says are for a sbf, that aint no way are correct.

and no matter what, if the head in question has now a different valve length ( usually in order to fit in a taller installed height spring and retainer)..then the rocker that they say is reccomended..IS NOW NOT CORRECT.

there are many setups that after all is considerd, and proper fitment / alignment ETC is understood,...the head will use a totally different rocker.
.....same "ratio" but a different length.....

so,
in order to understand what you need or want....you have to explain what you are attempting to do.

a lot of engines end up with a common chevy length rocker on a ford or a ford length rocker on a chevy...

·
Go Phuck youself
12,353 Posts
There we go, some information.

Don't take it the wrong way, but I wasn't looking for a geometry lesson. :cool:
Stick with the bullet and youll learn alot. People here are willing to help, sometimes afew questions is all that it takes. When it comes to valve train Geo. so many things can go wrong. Good luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts