Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought the 2 post 16 volt battery and charger combo.open the charger box and the charging wires dont even have clamps on them???? just bare wire ends doesnt seem right $400 charger.so i go get clamps and soldered on.really dont want to come on here to complain but just cant understand whats going on nowadays when you buy a charger for $400 it should come with clamps on it.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
maybe a mistake at the factory??? anybody else have the rock charger? did it come with clamps?.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Mine's not a Rock charger but it did come with clamps. I use a remote charging panel that uses male/female connectors so I had to cut them off and install the male connectors. Maybe Rock does theirs that way so a person can put on the type of connectors that they need???

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not sure,oh well no big deal they cost like $3 and a little solder.just strange it didnt have them never seen them not come on the charger before.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I have sold many of the rock chargers,, never seen clamps,, we use plugs http://www.connectortech.com.au/datasheets/SMH_PP.pdf {50 amp} way more convenient and no chance of shorting out. I they had clamps would cut them off and throw them out...
thats nice if you want to get into all that stuff but probably 90% people just use the clamps that come on every charger from all the other other 16 volt companys like turbo start/xs power.with rock are not getting a complete usable product out of the box .if they want to do it like that they should just list that it doesnt come with clamps and offer them with clamps for a few more $.i wouldnt send them out the door like that if it was my company i dont do people like that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts