Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody use Rock Auto? If so how are their shipping times? They have Dayco idler pulleys for half price of my local store.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I just got rotors/pads for the wife's car. They said shipping would be a week.....had them in 3 days.

·
Busy being a cunt
30,153 Posts
Use their "discount code" and get another 5% off :)

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
RA is badass. You get a ton of selection with pics of the parts. I just did brakes and rotors all around plus upper and lower front ball joints to my door and I didn't need to wear a fuckin mask..

·
Registered
176 Posts
Think of it as a parts store with little to no markup. I've used the hell out of that site over the years. Sometimes you'd be surprised how much less you pay for the exact same part....

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I think it’s when you need it quick they have problems as in wanting priority shipping. Not just my experience, but a friend had an issue as well. Paid for two day shipping, sure it came two days after they shipped it, but it was in stock and it did not ship for two days...duh

·
Registered
484 Posts
Good stuff, use them all the time. They do seem to be playing games with shipping out of different warehouses, not sure to what end, but it's annoying having to "trick" them into shipping multiple things from a single warehouse.

The only things I don't order from them is belts and hoses.. The first couple times I tried they looked like they were 15 years old and didn't last long.

·
Registered
8,984 Posts
BEWARE of shipping on your order from different warehouse locations....... Keep shopping until you are able to get things shipped from one location.

BTW! RA is good to deal with and I have never had a problem. (y)

·
Registered
28,145 Posts
Bought wheels from them for my Pops 40 merc. No issues and timely shipping.

·
4nik8r
2,692 Posts
I've only used them a few times, thought they were relatively fast and problem free.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought a dayco idler from them a year or so ago and got a white box part with a "dayco equivalent " part number on it, it was cheap enough that I didn't bother sending it back. I have bought other stuff in the past with perfectly fine results so it might have just been a one time thing.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
No problems getting the right parts and the prices offset shipping costs.
Still cheaper than the chain parts houses and stealerships.

·
Q(t)=ṁCpΔT
27,391 Posts
I'm happy with them, been using them for 8 years.

·
Registered
7,871 Posts
Got my parts faster this week from Rockauto than I did from Summit. Still waiting for my stuff after a week.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Be sure to check the closeouts page for your car- most of the time, you can get wiper blades for less than $2.00 each and oil/air filters pretty cheap.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts