Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
Tomato slices 1/4 inch thick with salt and pepper. Line pan with foil and bake @350 until they look done. The longer they cook the softer they will become.

·
Registered
7,641 Posts
It sounds like a long process, but Pomodoro sauce is one of my favorite to put on pasta or chicken or even just french bread.

I take a bunch of tomatoes (10-15), make an X on the bottom with a knife, drop them in boiling water for long enough that you see the skin peeling. Take them out of the boiling water, drop them in cold water to stop the cooking. Peel the skins.

Put the peeled, cored tomatoes in a pan on the stove. Cover the inside of the pan with enough olive oil to coat the bottom. Add a bunch of fresh garlic and cook on low for quite a while, until the tomatoes fall apart. Add a splash of balsamic vinegar and some basil and/or Italian seasoning.

I put them over garlic bread and add some cheese and bake. Or over pasta with some parmesan cheese. Sometimes I add a little cream and put over pasta. I keep them in the fridge and just pull out a little for me and they last a while. Low fat meal too!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts