Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Bovine Scatologist
17,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just canned 8 pints of roasted peppers and have some left over. I need a recipe that includes roasted poblano and/or bell peppers.

:cool:

·
WTF?
12,518 Posts
My boss came up with a chili relleno casserole that is awesome. I don't have the recipe here, but you can probably come up with one yourself. I love pablanos. I'm going to have a bunch ready to pick soon. I was planning on roasting and freezing the ones I don't eat. I only planted two plants, but they are like trees. Up to my chin now.

Oh, I love them mixed in with some jalepenos in hot sauce.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Stuff it with ground beef,rice,corn and cheese. put it back in the oven to warm all the stuffing and melt the cheese.just like a chile relleno.

·
WTF?
12,518 Posts
Stuff it with ground beef,rice,corn and cheese. put it back in the oven to warm all the stuffing and melt the cheese.just like a chile relleno.
MMM MMM good! I have a hard time getting any batter or breading to stay on chili rellenos (more trouble than it's worth), so I eat them "naked" now when I make them. I've got about 15 or more almost ready to pick. Maybe this weekend...

·
Bovine Scatologist
17,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My poblanos turned out small, so I could stuff 2-3 to get to the same volume as you are regularly used to. :(

·
WTF?
12,518 Posts
My poblanos turned out small, so I could stuff 2-3 to get to the same volume as you are regularly used to. :(
Yep. Mine are smaller as well. I have some bell peppers that are pretty good size though. I'm leaving the pablanos on the plant as long as they seem to still be growing. I haven't had any turning red yet. I only planted two pablano's, sort of a test for next year. Same with the bell's. I'm planning on more green chilis, and pablanos for next year. The green chilis are really good, and productive.

·
Former RJ instigator
41,972 Posts
I use surplus peppers from my dad's garden every year and make stuffed peppers.

Its just a mixture of seasoned ground beef and cooked rice.

Once I blanch/peel/hull the peppers I remove the tops and stuff them right side up in a casserole dish, pour a can or two or rotell over the top till they are completly covered, stick'em in th oven for about 30-40 minutes till bubbily...., quick and easy to prepare and tastes awesome.

·
Registered
21,141 Posts
Skose... I just love peppers I usually slice them up with onions and buy some cheap stew mea or venison, season it with salt,pepper,lawreys , garlic and add so worschester and A1 steak sauce and throw it the oven or wrap it alum and throw it on the grill.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
We used to cut them in half, clean out the seeds and what not, and fill the center with a mix of Jimmy Dean's sausage, tomato sauce, and ranch dressing. You end up with an orangish, thick filling if you do it right. Lots of sausage browned and drained, just enough sauce to get it to stick together, and ranch dressing for flavor.

Then wrap each one in a strip of bacon and stick a tooth pick through it. Toss them in the oven or in the grill until bacon is crispy.

They're a little messy, but what great recipe isn't?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts