Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to find the better roadside assistance services. This is for a elderly person I'm trying to help. I've never used any roadside assistance service so I have no experience with them. So do any of you have any ideas of what ones are reasonably priced and do a good job?

Thanks

·
Registered
9,124 Posts
I have AAA. I have never used it for myself. I have for wife and kids when I couldn't get to them due to work or distance. They were fine for the few times we needed them.

·
T/S 368E
32,480 Posts

AAA uses subs around here.
The one time I used it, the bitch from the tow truck company called and tried shaking me down for the towing charge.
She kept claiming they refused payment and I should cover the tow.
I kept saying if it wasn't covered, I would have never used them, I would have grabbed the trailer and done it myself.
The bitch was rude, and condescending, trying to make me out like a POS thief!!!

I called AAA and it was covered, so be careful with the towing company they send out, AAA was fine and I just renewed mine.

·
Registered
18,870 Posts
OP, if the elderly person is on the gullible side(lack of better term) she could end up with an over the top plan that she does not need. AAA is a lot like the NRA. Seems like everyday you get some BS in the mail wanting to upgrade this or upgrade that for just a few dollars more. They have been around pretty much forever, so they must be doing something right. I got tired of their upgrade BS just like I did with the NRA asking me for money every time I opened my mail box

·
Registered
9,904 Posts
I have AAA Gold,,the few times I have needed it was at Least 1 1/2 before they showed up.

·
Banned
11,534 Posts
OP, if the elderly person is on the gullible side(lack of better term) she could end up with an over the top plan that she does not need. AAA is a lot like the NRA. Seems like everyday you get some BS in the mail wanting to upgrade this or upgrade that for just a few dollars more. They have been around pretty much forever, so they must be doing something right. I got tired of their upgrade BS just like I did with the NRA asking me for money every time I opened my mail box
How do you figure.
They have 3 tiers
basic
gold
prem.
only upgrade you can do the 1st year is adding family members to the account.
you can not get gold/prem. the 1st year, and can't get the prem the 2nd year. and unless you need 100 mile tows or your pos breaks down so much that they are towing you once a month or more you are not going to bother going up to gold or prem.

·
Registered
18,870 Posts
How do you figure.
They have 3 tiers
basic
gold
prem.
you can not get gold/prem. the 1st year, and can't get the prem the 2nd year. and unless you need 100 mile tows or your pos breaks down so much that they are towing you once a month or more you are not going to bother going up to gold or prem.
give me your address and I will box up the shit mail I STILL get from them and send it to you postage due. Maybe you dont get upgrade and other services offered to you cause they know you are a broke dick that cant afford shit.

·
Registered
775 Posts
How do you figure.
They have 3 tiers
basic
gold
prem.

That's not true. When I first bought an AAA plan a year or so ago I was able to buy the AAA plus (what you are calling the gold plan with 100 mile towing) right at signup. The premier plan was also offered at that time but I declined it.

I bought the plan with 100 mile towing solely because I was making a trip every two weeks for my wife's chemo at a cancer center that was about 95 miles away, not because my vehicle is a POS.

I haven't needed to use it so I can't comment on the service but for $8/month it seems like a good deal for the peace of mind it provides.

·
Registered
5,096 Posts
I just use my insurance roadside service. Covers tow's up to 300 miles,jump starts,tire change,lock out. Think it was a extra 11.00 a month on each car. Used it a few times with no issues.

·
Banned
11,534 Posts
That's not true. When I first bought an AAA plan a year or so ago I was able to buy the AAA plus (what you are calling the gold plan with 100 mile towing) right at signup. The premier plan was also offered at that time but I declined it.

I bought the plan with 100 mile towing solely because I was making a trip every two weeks for my wife's chemo at a cancer center that was about 95 miles away, not because my vehicle is a POS.

I haven't needed to use it so I can't comment on the service but for $8/month it seems like a good deal for the peace of mind it provides.
I was told no. the 1st year (aaa new England)

·
Banned
11,534 Posts
give me your address and I will box up the shit mail I STILL get from them and send it to you postage due. Maybe you dont get upgrade and other services offered to you cause they know you are a broke dick that cant afford shit.
You cry about having to watch the same ad's on tv also.
my god, it must be taxing to walk the junk mail to the recycle bin and drop.
So what other upgrades do they have, I'll wait.
you're another moron that believes anything a few turds here post about others.

·
Registered
18,870 Posts
You cry about having to watch the same ad's on tv also.
my god, it must be taxing to walk the junk mail to the recycle bin and drop.
So what other upgrades do they have, I'll wait.
you're another moron that believes anything a few turds here post about others.
look you broke dick clown. show me where anyone said what I said about AAA upgrades in this thread, I'll wait. If you never got any up grade offers and offers for other services it must be cause they use satellite images of their members homes and figured you were not worth the postage spent on offers . I get offers for life ins, car ins, AAA credit card, just to name a few like you asked

·
Registered
21,168 Posts
We have AAA. Have never used it except for discounts to here and there. Bought it last year before we took a cross country trip in our RV. I wanted that in case something happened. When we signed up they gave us another driver for free so my wife and daughter are covered so it makes me feel better if I can't get to them if they need something.

·
Banned
11,534 Posts
look you broke dick clown. show me where anyone said what I said about AAA upgrades in this thread, I'll wait. If you never got any up grade offers and offers for other services it must be cause they use satellite images of their members homes and figured you were not worth the postage spent on offers . I get offers for life ins, car ins, AAA credit card, just to name a few like you asked
Moron, offers for other services are not upgrades.
What a marroon

·
Registered
18,870 Posts
Moron, offers for other services are not upgrades.
What a marroon
you stupid broke dick clown
do you see in my post # 11 ( that I quoted above) where I said "other services" Not only are you a broke dick clown who will never have 2 cents to rub together as evidence in your broken down "hot rod" truck in your drive way that will never see the track or the road ,you cant read either.

I am done with you.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts