Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Freiburger and Finnegan capture the spirit of British Top Gear better then the history channel show. I just discovered I can watch YouTube on my TV and have made it to episode 13, these guys are fucking great!

·
Brewmaster
12,612 Posts
Top Gear UK is one thing, Roadkill is another. Both are great :) just glad new episodes of Roadkill are more frequent than Top Gear.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
No, they aren't anything like the American version of Top Gear.

The real American version of top gear blows goats. I don't care if it's "better than whatever else is on". It's shit.

Roadkill is god captured on tape.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No...you misunderstand me. The TV show that is American Top Gear isn't great. Roadkill captures the amazing spirit of original (UK) Top Gear like nothing else. Roadkill just fucking gets "it" like nothing I've ever seen, much the same way UK Top Gear does.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
No...you misunderstand me. The TV show that is American Top Gear isn't great. Roadkill captures the amazing spirit of original (UK) Top Gear like nothing else. Roadkill just fucking gets "it" like nothing I've ever seen, much the same way UK Top Gear does.
Now that I understand your angle, I agree. They "get it" like the UK Top Gear.

UK Top Gear challenges are always awesome, no to mention every episode is fun to watch as a car guy.

·
Practical Joker
3,431 Posts
I love top gear and its on tv 24/7

Not many US shows even come close, roadkill is at the top of the list, anything by Drive network is good too. Nothing on top gear tho

·
Registered
50 Posts
Favorite show. They definitely get it. My favorite episode is the Willys jeep. Reminds me of when my buddy Mark Ewing (rip bud) bought a shit $300 hatchback, 3 hours with a welder getting the suspension way up, hacked off the top, L bracket plexi windshield and we had the most dangerous off road vehicle ever. My art school buddy painted a giant monkey on the side of it and a skull on the other. Mark actually got into a fist fight at a stop light with a dude in a VW Bug we beat in a drag race. Fuck man.....good times. These guys just have a blast.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Roadkill is good enough for prime time. I look forward to every episode.

American Top Gear is horrible. It's a disgrace to the name.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Roadkill is a show by two people who knows a lot about working with cars.
Top Gear is a show by three people who knows how to drive them. James May knows how to work on cars but he can not compare to David and Mike.

·
Shrewd Negotiator
10,425 Posts
No. Roadkill is Roadkill.

Saying that it "captures the original Top Gear-whatever" is ridiculous. Those guys are clowns. No matter how much they are portrayed to know about cars.

·
Shrewd Negotiator
10,425 Posts
Roadkill is a show by two people who knows a lot about working with cars.
Top Gear is a show by three people who knows how to drive them. James May knows how to work on cars but he can not compare to David and Mike.
X2

Exactly what I was trying to say.

·
Smoked another BBF
18,581 Posts
No, they aren't anything like the American version of Top Gear.

The real American version of top gear blows goats. I don't care if it's "better than whatever else is on". It's shit.

Roadkill is god captured on tape.
amen haleluya:cool:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts