Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from a float trip in Missouri and man what a relaxing time. We were in Mark Twain National Forest just south east of Cabool Missouri. I just wanted to say EVERYBODY should go do this. Talk about relaxing and a way to take your mind of all the B.S in life. Oh and any married couple that goes remember this, if you can make it down a river in a canoe without wanting to kill each other because of the how they paddle or not paddle will be together forever. Saw a couple (not in our group) that were screaming at each other and both ended up throwing their paddles and telling g each other to Fuck Off! Lol. Like I said, was a great time and relaxing for me.

·
Registered
18,202 Posts
I took my wife (now ex) for a canoe paddle in the Okefenokee swamp in Jan. I asked the park ranger if we'd see any gators?
He said no it's to cold.
So I'm paddling with her in the bow and said: see the gator?
It was floating in a grass line. She couldn't see it. So I paddle'd the canoe right up and bumped the gator with the bow.

If you want to check out the Okefenokee swamp do so in midst of winter. No body in their right mind would swim/cool off in the water.

Just got back from a float trip in Missouri and man what a relaxing time. We were in Mark Twain National Forest just south east of Cabool Missouri. I just wanted to say EVERYBODY should go do this. Talk about relaxing and a way to take your mind of all the B.S in life. Oh and any married couple that goes remember this, if you can make it down a river in a canoe without wanting to kill each other because of the how they paddle or not paddle will be together forever. Saw a couple (not in our group) that were screaming at each other and both ended up throwing their paddles and telling g each other to Fuck Off! Lol. Like I said, was a great time and relaxing for me.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
My family went tubbing a few weeks ago on the Comal river in the Texas hill country and we are going again in 2 weeks. For those that don't know the Comal is a spring fed river, so even on the hottest days in Texas the water temp stays between 65 and 75 degrees and it is clear water. Due to the temps the snakes don't like it so you can be in the river all day and not worry about anything.

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
Got back today myself. Four boats floated Connowango creek. I took a few pics , however I'm too dumb to post them. Took my German Shepherd as my float partner. Only bitching she did was when she had to piss.
Get out on a nice weekend float and just relax and enjoy the time. Now I'm working turd shift and beat down tired.
Congratulations on your awesome weekend OP !!!

·
Premium Member
15,200 Posts

This fucker (Clearwater River) will make your willie go back inside in July, fast flowing cold mfr. Fell in launching the jet boat once, the air left my lungs, cold, cold water.

·
Registered
4,631 Posts

This fucker (Clearwater River) will make your willie go back inside in July, fast flowing cold mfr. Fell in launching the jet boat once, the air left my lungs, cold, cold water.
looks like a nice float from that pic.
Looks to be a slice of heaven from that view there Hipster.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Stay off the Rio Grande. Our friends to,the south have been known to use rafters as targets.

·
Registered
31,946 Posts
Take a week to do Snake River in Hells Canyon, from Hells Canyon Dam to Asotin WA, at least once in your life. Be very careful of Rush Creek Rapids when the river flow is 18,000 cft at Hells Canyon Dam. When the river is low the flow narrows between big boulders and the first drop is about 15 feet, which is no big deal, a lot of fun, if you have both oars in the locks and the boat pointed so it doesn't fall sideways into the hole so the water can break over the side and fill it to the gunnels. If your dog comes along have a life jacket on it too.

This is Wild Sheep Rapids, the first big rapid below the dam.

Snake River and Salmon River are the premier white water trips.

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This was the first time I've done a float trip like this and definitely wont be my last. The water is in the low to mid 60s temp but damn was it nice. Crystal clear and could be 10ft deep but I could count the baby shad on the bottom. Well worth it

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts
NEWS FLASH...........

OP SPOTTED PADDLING DOWN THE RIVER............

1 - 20 of 30 Posts