Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
The Warbird
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In line with all the other vs threads I thought I would add this one. I know the outcome already, as we raised both for many years.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
cockfighting??

·
The Warbird
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cockfighting??
We raised Pheasants and Game chickens. We didnt fight or train anything, although its still happening all over the south. But every once in awhile they would get into each others pens.

·
The Warbird
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
The Warbird
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Our male pheasant was 3 years old and VERY protective of his hens. We had to be careful going into the pen with him because his natural spurs were about 2" long and sharp as a Locust tree spine.
We ate fresh chicken on a regular basis thanks to him! We finally raised a Game rooster fast enough to outrun the pheasant and once we removed him from the pheasants pen he never tried to get in it again! :p

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
We raised Pheasants and Game chickens. We didnt fight or train anything, although its still happening all over the south. But every once in awhile they would get into each others pens.
We had a guy cutting trees for us, he had a pro fighter and pitted it against our Rhode island red Rooster, strapped on the metal spurs on both and it was over in seconds. Never seen a bird fight before, and never seen one since.

·
Registered
28,295 Posts
With steel, the gamecock. i know, i used to raise them when it was legal. Don't get your panties in a bunch, they die no deader than a fish on a hook, or a pheasant shot in the ass with no. 6 shot, left to die of gang green because the dog could not find it.

·
The Warbird
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
With steel, the gamecock. i know, i used to raise them when it was legal. Don't get your panties in a bunch, they die no deader than a fish on a hook, or a pheasant shot in the ass with no. 6 shot, left to die of gang green because the dog could not find it.
I dont go, but the derbies down in the swamps a couple hundred miles southwest of me pay big bucks. I have heard of trainers making thousands of dollars working one rooster for a few months. The fights cant be any worse or cruel than "Live hanging" in the chicken plants where the birds are hung live by the feet, gutted and dragged through a scalding bath to help remove the feathers!! My cousins an FDA inspector at one, she WONT eat chicken!!

·
I am The Dentist
50,953 Posts
The fights cant be any worse or cruel than "Live hanging" in the chicken plants where the birds are hung live by the feet, gutted and dragged through a scalding bath to help remove the feathers!! My cousins an FDA inspector at one, she WONT eat chicken!!
You forgot that they cut the heads off first. Hang them upside down, run through the shears, and then cut/clean.

-Brad

·
The Warbird
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
The fights cant be any worse or cruel than "Live hanging" in the chicken plants where the birds are hung live by the feet, gutted and dragged through a scalding bath to help remove the feathers!! My cousins an FDA inspector at one, she WONT eat chicken!!
Seen that first hand, hauled chickens one summer for Foster Farms. The worst was when I hauled a load of cattle in for buchering. Deep slimy puss pockets (wounds) right on the side of the steer, it all went right into the meat grinder to be made into hot dogs,,,yummy!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts