Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Wow, that much? I looked up 3 different manufactures and what they recommended for my 4.360 bore and I came up with .021 top and .023 bottom.

I think it makes a difference on what fuel your running as well. Did the instructions with the rings offer advice on the ring gap?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The instructions were helpful but I was wanting to see what everyone was running and would be best for my application. Thanks fo the input guys.

·
Registered
49,441 Posts
The instructions were helpful but I was wanting to see what everyone was running and would be best for my application. Thanks fo the input guys.
I run more gap as was mentioned above. .024 top and .028 second are pretty good. I know a few guys with nearly or over 30 on the top and the second is even wider. Those are on 4.030inch bore motors to.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I run more gap as was mentioned above. .024 top and .028 second are pretty good. I know a few guys with nearly or over 30 on the top and the second is even wider. Those are on 4.030inch bore motors to.
x2. I ran .026 top .030 second on a standard 4.000 bore. I was running a bit north of 30psi and 8k. However. No blowby whatsoever, no vaccum pump either. Ran for 5 years raced and street driven and tore it down this winter and looks as good as new.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts