Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone had a problem running them on the rear of rim only? i have run them on the front only probrally a stupid question but it never hurts to ask all replys appreciated new rims almost to pretty to drill front but i will if i have to

·
TRZ Rocks!
3,737 Posts
seems like if you don't need them on one side, you wouldn't need them on either side.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
I always use to run screws but my 15 inch wide Magnums were too pretty and I didn't drill them. I have mounted 3 sets of slicks so far and I mark the tire and rim. One tire moved about an inch on one rim. I just mounted the 4th set of slicks last night, going racing today. If you run tubes I'd have concerns too. That 1 inch could kill a valve stem. RM

·
Registered
15,547 Posts
has anyone had a problem running them on the rear of rim only? i have run them on the front only probrally a stupid question but it never hurts to ask all replys appreciated new rims almost to pretty to drill front but i will if i have to
How wide is the wheel?
Screws or Beadlocks on one side only, tend to wear out the swidewalls of the tire WAY sooner than normal, shortening tire life..
If the wheel is 10" width or narrower, you can use "Permetex High Tack" on the beads when you mount the tire.. I've been doing this for about 5 years now, and it definetly works.
This subject has been BEAT TO DEATH on all the message boards..
I learned this out of necessity, 'cause I could never afford Beadlocks..
If you're running a 12" wheel, and a Radial tire, it wont hold. 10"'s and smaller, it works great...
The car we run has 10" wheels, 315 radial tire, stock suspension, and is 3450lbs.. It has run 1.24 60ft... [email protected] 1/8th.... and [email protected] 1/4... No beadlocks... No wheel screws... Only the High Tack glue.... The tires NEVER move on the wheels...
Maddawg

·
Registered
572 Posts
imo, run tubes, use screws... i run alumastars with no tubes or screws. tires barely move.

·
"Darkness"
4,942 Posts
If you screw one side you need to screw the other. Also remember to clock the screws in the same position from side to side.

·
Registered
788 Posts
yeah I would try it and check to see if it moves on the rim badly. If you do run tubes, I would definately suggest running rim screws or bead locks though

1 - 13 of 13 Posts