Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For any of you Mosin freaks, I just picked up a copy of Rifles of the White Death by Bowser. This is a very hard book to find and is the bible of Finn Mosins.

I got mine from Mike at shootinggallerybooks.com. He also sells on gunbroker. He just got a small shipment of these in, signed by the author. If you are into collecting Mosins, this book is a must have. Mike is a great guy, the go to guy for any gun book. He was at an out of state gun show when I ordered the book, and he took the time to ship me a copy right from the gun show........................

·
Registered
8,136 Posts
You probably know about him but I recommend to everyone who likes Mosins, especialy the Finnish versions, read up on Simo Hayha. The Russians named him White Death. He had 505 confirmed kills with his Mosin. The Russians feared him like no other. All 505 were within 100 days also. He showed what the gun is capable of with iron sights. Just a heads up for some Mosin history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simo_H%C3%A4yh%C3%A4

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You probably know about him but I recommend to everyone who likes Mosins, especialy the Finnish versions, read up on Simo Hayha. The Russians named him White Death. He had 505 confirmed kills with his Mosin. The Russians feared him like no other. All 505 were within 100 days also. He showed what the gun is capable of with iron sights. Just a heads up for some Mosin history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simo_Häyhä
He was a bad man. Actually, the Russians nicknamed all the Finnish soldiers white death, due to their white winter gear that made them nearly invisible in the snow..................

·
Wearing my WWII helmet
19,489 Posts
I think I've caught the Mosin bug. Cheap, accurate, very powerful. Me likey!

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
For any of you Mosin freaks, I just picked up a copy of Rifles of the White Death by Bowser. This is a very hard book to find and is the bible of Finn Mosins.

I got mine from Mike at shootinggallerybooks.com. He also sells on gunbroker.QUOTE]
Oh cool!!! Thank you!!!!!

I think I've caught the Mosin bug. Cheap, accurate, very powerful. Me likey!
My 15 year old has too. I've bought four of them in the past year for him. He took down a nice sized 8 pt buck in December with one of them. His mom and stepdad couldn't believe it.....they had their nice .270s and tried to get him to use one of their guns but he refused. Then he takes the first deer....at three hundred yards. The kid loves those guns.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm anxiuos to take delivery of mine. I've heard good things about the characteristics of the M39..................................

1 - 7 of 7 Posts