·
Aviation Section
27,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Dave

·
Registered
20,540 Posts
Thanks for the link. I'm just surmising here, but likely there's not too many on here that know about the Ridge Route Terror car(s). Those guys hauled & were way BAD in the 60's.

·
Aviation Section
27,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You would be surprised! I am 66 and just a pup compared to some of these guys and most of them were on the left coast and were actually involved in these cars, not just reading about them like me!

Rain For Rent, FTW!

Dave

·
Aviation Section
27,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"Tom" Jobe?

Dave

·
Aviation Section
27,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cool video Dave :supz:
Cool As A Jewell! If I was independently wealthy like you I would get out to one of those shows on the left coast that Groucho goes to and meet up with Bob H. and Tom Jobe and spend hours looking at the recreation of the Surfer's Dragster and just ask questions all day and take pictures.

The last show that Groucho posted with the Surfmobile Tom Jobe was on crutches and did not look good, not sure how much time he has left but when he is gone all the first accounts will be gone too except for what Bill Pitts captured on video!

The people outside of this sport could give a shit but for us that are in it and around it these guys that are passing now that they are old ARE the sport!

Dave

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
Cool As A Jewell! If I was independently wealthy like you I would get out to one of those shows on the left coast that Groucho goes to and meet up with Bob H. and Tom Jobe and spend hours looking at the recreation of the Surfer's Dragster and just ask questions all day and take pictures.

The last show that Groucho posted with the Surfmobile Tom Jobe was on crutches and did not look good, not sure how much time he has left but when he is gone all the first accounts will be gone too except for what Bill Pitts captured on video!

The people outside of this sport could give a shit but for us that are in it and around it these guys that are passing now that they are old ARE the sport!

Dave
I’d have to wait to collect one of you Brinks delivered monthly retirement sums before I could make that trip. :-D

But yes you are correct about getting to one of those shows.

·
Registered
20,540 Posts
..The last show that Groucho posted with the Surfmobile Tom Jobe was on crutches and did not look good, not sure how much time he has left but when he is gone all the first accounts will be gone too except for what Bill Pitts captured on video!

Dave

Nothing but good wishes for Tom Jobe. His mind seems to still be sharp & it's important to him to get the details correct. Hope he sticks around for a Long, Long Time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.