Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
I've raced at this event a couple times and my experience is it takes a good many hits for the track to come around early. It gets so cold at night that the track is too cold. My shit isn't on t/s level . It's a good time but don't make no hits early or it could ruin your day...

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
Weather is calling for a low of 26 Friday night and a high of 48 on Saturday. If you go, get there early! The place will be mobbed, it always is. Track surface is very nice since last years repave. Concrete from the burnout box to the 330' and new asphalt from there to the 1320'.

Mr. Haney, there will be some hard hitters there but the temperature will not be your friend. With a high of 48 ???. Wouldn't want you to miss the fun, but don't want you to be disappointed also.

If you do FaceBook, they have a page and if you leave a message they will answer any questions you have about the prep. It's fun place to race and they treat you good.

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
This kind of goes along with what Tim Lewis said, the races normally end at or shortly after dark. The temps starts dropping so fast.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks to all.
We decided not to come down.
Will wait for Bradenton.
Have fun.
Happy New Year-May all your timer slips for 2017 be to your liking.........

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
Your are 100% right about that! I sat out in the road about a 1/4 mile from the gate last year at 8 getting in. Took a hour.
I got there late (had to work the night before) at 9 and just did make last call for qualifying. Place was a mad house.

Sorry to see Mr. Haney is not going to make it.

Take us good pics as always Tim, We can't make it Tricia has to work and I have the car pulled apart making upgrades to try and make a run at the RVA list next year.

·
20,177 Posts
I got there late (had to work the night before) at 9 and just did make last call for qualifying. Place was a mad house.

Sorry to see Mr. Haney is not going to make it.

Take us good pics as always Tim, We can't make it Tricia has to work and I have the car pulled apart making upgrades to try and make a run at the RVA list next year.
I won't be going this year. To damn cold in the morning for me. Its 25 out here now and was a little bit of snow falling when I was driving home. Plus I got stuff at home that need to be done.

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
I won't be going this year. To damn cold in the morning for me. Its 25 out here now and was a little bit of snow falling when I was driving home. Plus I got stuff at home that need to be done.
Well as much as I understand the need to get things done, I am really bummed that you won't be there to take pictures. I look forward to them as much as the racing. Well there's always next year.

I am not going to make it myself, have the car pulled apart to have roll bar upgraded to a cage and going to turn the wick up for next season. We want to make a run at the RVA list races and see where that goes.

Happy New Year to you all and good luck to those that are racing Today.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I road down with a buddy who raced. Chilly morning but looked like a good turnout of racers for all classes. It was my first time there and I liked the track and it's layout. Track was working and program moved along well. Pitted beside some fellow Pro Stick racers and locals. Had a real good time watching the action and BSing with everyone.

Happy New Year!!!

·
Registered
447 Posts
That was a good time, Tater!! It'll be a long wait until spring before we touch them off again. Good to at least get that one in.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts