Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
15,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Browsing through the magazine section at the store the other day and saw Rich in an ad for Pypes in the back of a magazine. They called him a Drag Racing Icon! I wanted to start cussing right there, but the little old lady across from me might not have liked that. lol. I put the magazine back on the shelf and walked away. Way to go Pypes!:mad:

·
Registered
28 Posts
I agree he has help promote drag racing but come on the guy could not change plugs on his lawn mower.....Much less go down the strip in a drag car with any power..

·
T5 & T56 building fool
25,285 Posts
Poor choice in spokesman for the company........

·
The Warbird
6,478 Posts
The only thing he does is suck pipes!!!
Judging by the manish looking woman body builder wife hes got I would bet he gets his pypes cleaned regularly too!!! Can you say MONSTER STRAP ON?? LMAO!

·
Registered
16,349 Posts
That right there is enough reason to never buy Pypes exhaust for me..
As if half their stuff doesn't fit without modification wasn't enough!

·
The Warbird
6,478 Posts
As long as we are on subject, what have you phucktards done to promote our sport on a national level?
Did you go to the last Texasmotorplex PAO event? If you did, you heard the disrespectful way he talked to and about a couple of the racers, one who was a 16 yr old kid! Of course that shit made it to the editting room floor before it aired. Hes a punk ass bitch, USING drag racers to line his own pockets with the promise of a fair well organized race for $18000 in cash and prizes!?!? If you have been to one or more of these clusterfucks you know the truth. Hes a fucking douche bag tool, in a gay leprechan kinda way!!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Did you go to the last Texasmotorplex PAO event? If you did, you heard the disrespectful way he talked to and about a couple of the racers, one who was a 16 yr old kid! Of course that shit made it to the editting room floor before it aired. Hes a punk ass bitch, USING drag racers to line his own pockets with the promise of a fair well organized race for $18000 in cash and prizes!?!? If you have been to one or more of these clusterfucks you know the truth. Hes a fucking douche bag tool, in a gay leprechan kinda way!!
Yeah, I seem to remember talking to a local speed shop worker (will remain anonymous) about when he first started up his show, i think this was for a pilot shoot or something... Maybe the first "all out"? He was supposed to film it in florida, and wanted some local shops to bring their cars out. He promised to pay them just for coming out and running, and giving them even more for winning. What happened? Nobody got paid for showing up and running, and the races were rigged.

·
F.T.W. KILL EM ALL
10,841 Posts
A "Drag Racing Icon"!!!!!! :smt081:smt081.......UN-FUCKING-REAL!
Once again (Like always) it just goes to show you how many clueless F-ing people there are in this insane world of ours. Pretty F-in sad if you ask me.

·
Registered
379 Posts
His promotion of dragracing and motorsports in general is well compensated. He is nothing more than an entertainer and we the community support him. If you dont care for him[which I dont],then dont support what he does. If you do, then you promote what he is selling and he is successful. How many of us can truthfully say that we make a living doing motorsports related work ie Tv shows,spokes person,endorser of products[ NOT actually working -ie shops/sales/etc.] . As most people who work this way, they usually are short lived in the publics eye/JMO

·
Registered
15,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
As long as we are on subject, what have you phucktards done to promote our sport on a national level?
I support the sport on a local level by attending events when I can afford to. I buy t shirts and license plates and whatever I can afford, when I can afford it to support the ORTC even though I haven't been able to make it to an event yet. I go to my local dragstrip and pay my hard earned money to race or even just spectate if my car is not able to make it out. I have spent thousands this year alone on parts from companies which sponsor events and provide support to all of us who love the hobby. I'm sorry if you like Rich and don't agree that he is not a Drag Racing Icon. I think he is an egomaniac myself, and while I am glad there are a couple of shows on tv for us to watch, I don't believe for a second that it is done to promote anything but Rich's pocketbook getting fatter along with his ego. That is my opinion and you don't have to agree. That's why this country is great.:)

1 - 20 of 72 Posts