Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for someone that might have a RHS Tall Deck with long sleeves in their hands. I've been told again mine will be another few weeks before it is sent to me and that is to long. Please let me know if you have something. Their are some companies waiting on mine to make some production parts for them. Thanks Ed

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Hinson doesn't have any-i bought the one in the pic.

·
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I really wouldn't be pushing for one if I was waiting on it but I have a few companies waiting on mine to build some aftermarket parts for the block. The date of mine has changed 3 times now and I feel like I'm jerking these people around and don't like doing that. I understand issues but I'm now getting to the end of my rope.

·
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The belt drive could be made off a short or tall deck since the cam location does not change, not sure what else you are waiting on. The short deck should be available now.

Kurt
Kurt

Yes I'm waiting on the block get a belt drive and other work on some other misc stuff to be made for retail sales by some companies.

The block for my build is based off a Tall Deck so that why I'm looking for one. I don't need the short deck and since it will need to be machined in some area I'd rather not machine one I'm not using.

Thanks Ed

·
Registered
8,135 Posts
The cam location on the RHS is the same on both tall and short, I have them both sitting side by side and only the deck height changes.

Kurt
I'll take your word for it Kurt.
Are they both moved?
I remember that was a big thing about this block was that the cam was raised for the longer stroke.

We have a tall deck but I have yet to see it in person. :cool:

·
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll take your word for it Kurt.
Are they both moved?
I remember that was a big thing about this block was that the cam was raised for the longer stroke.

We have a tall deck but I have yet to see it in person. :cool:
The tall deck and short deck both have a raised cam.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Welcome to the LSX world, getting the latest and greatest stuff has always been like pulling teeth.

·
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Welcome to the LSX world, getting the latest and greatest stuff has always been like pulling teeth.
I will tell you one thing, It really sucks. Everything I got I had to get extra in-case I break something somewhere. I know no one will any so I have to have extra.

What really sucks is I have most of the parts that should have taken 4-5 weeks longer then the block to get. Now I have parts and no block. Now the block will be sent out for a few weeks and that will put me well behind on this. All I want now is to get it done for winter time.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Welcome to the LSx World Eddie...8 months for a crank, another 8 months for cylinder heads and valves. Valve covers aren't even finished. LOL Was hoping your car would be ready for the Shakedown, it should be killer. I'll take any of the extra parts that you don't need. :cool:

JK

·
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Welcome to the LSx World Eddie...8 months for a crank, another 8 months for cylinder heads and valves. Valve covers aren't even finished. LOL Was hoping your car would be ready for the Shakedown, it should be killer. I'll take any of the extra parts that you don't need. :cool:

JK
Thanks, I would love to give you the extra parts since that means I would be getting some parts.

As of now the the 3 easy parts to get were the Winberg billet crank, Carrillo rods and CP pistons. The rest has taken some time now. Once I get the block and heads it will get rolling. I will post updates then. Thanks Ed

·
Registered
496 Posts
Thanks, I would love to give you the extra parts since that means I would be getting some parts.

As of now the the 3 easy parts to get were the Winberg billet crank, Carrillo rods and CP pistons. The rest has taken some time now. Once I get the block and heads it will get rolling. I will post updates then. Thanks Ed
Cool Eddie, don't forget your Jersey roots! Guess we have all of the parts now, Uratchko is just busy assembling the puzzle...We all know the power Powski has made with his LSx combo from URE...Winberg is a nice piece, we waited on our boat anchor for an eternity from Bryant. BME supplied the rods and slugs came from Ross. Carey makes some killer heads, he just finished ours. Post some more pics of the car! I'm trying to get Powski and McMullen to post some final build pics of our's...Thanks for the info Eddie! Take care.

JK

·
Registered
277 Posts
good luck, been waiting 8+ weeks for one.

Jesel has all the parts to make the belt drive, but need an RHS block to mock up everything on to complete

1 - 20 of 63 Posts