Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Triple xXx
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the capabilities of these heads under heavy nitrous use? Also would like a good head porter with a CNC program for them. Anyone have any real world results?

·
Registered
551 Posts
I had 360 BBC heads nobody has a cnc program for them, Chapman recommended HVH high velocity heads to me said he knows them well and they hand port

·
Registered
702 Posts
I know that Bob Dowling has CNC programs for the RHS heads and he is dealer for them as well.

Dowling Porting Service
717-486-8744

·
Registered
953 Posts
I have a set of the original (New Zeland) Pro Topline 320cc heads on a pump gas 582c.i. BBC, made [email protected] & 760ft. [email protected] 4500rpm. Norm at Ultra Tech just did some chamber work and bowl blending.I thouht the heads would be too small for a 582, turned out with numbers I am very happy with for a street/strip motor. Jay.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
i heard the seats come loose in the rhs heads dont know if its true just figured i would post to see if anyone else heard the same thing

·
Triple xXx
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i heard the seats come loose in the rhs heads dont know if its true just figured i would post to see if anyone else heard the same thing
I was referring to the sbc 235 head. Is this the one you heard had these problems? Thanks guys for the responses. Anymore would be appreciated.

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,922 Posts
i forgot who on here sells them and ports them but they have a car with them heads running 5.40s and its a orsca modified street car.

i'll see if i can dig the thread up

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have a really nice program that I ran though a set of 180 RHS/Pro Topline heads. The are 235 cc intake runner and the go 331 @ .700. I have done a couple of sets and so far they have worked out really nice. We put a set on a 406 that was very conservitive as far as cam and compression and it made 560's with a really mild tune. I have not had a chance to put a big cam in this motor because we let a off road truck racer use it and he has not given it back yet.:( As soon as he is done with it we will dyno it to death and see what we can get out of it.;) This program was run on a 220 cc head and it went about 90% as far as clean up. The intake floors are where it missed the most. I can run them though a 180 head and it will clean 100%. Mike, there is nothing wrong with a hand ported head at all. I just don't like working that hard anymore. 20 plus years of grinding on heads has taken its toll on this kid. Besides that it is amazing what you can do with a hand ported heads and a CAD program. If you have any more questions on this head just give me a shout.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
We've got a set of the 320cc Pro Topline's on our Top Sportsman/Texas Pro Stock 565. With two carburetors the motor made 1143/[email protected] We've been racing it with a single 4 in TPSA but didn't get a chance to re-dyno it. We've been a [email protected] at 2400# so far. They're hand ported by me and we're still learning/trying more stuff with the heads and the total combination. This is our first season in TPSA and it has been a pretty steep learning curve. Call me at 432-558-2841

·
Registered
634 Posts
thanks for the info charlie ,
I have a really nice program that I ran though a set of 180 RHS/Pro Topline heads. The are 235 cc intake runner and the go 331 @ .700. I have done a couple of sets and so far they have worked out really nice. We put a set on a 406 that was very conservitive as far as cam and compression and it made 560's with a really mild tune. I have not had a chance to put a big cam in this motor because we let a off road truck racer use it and he has not given it back yet.:( As soon as he is done with it we will dyno it to death and see what we can get out of it.;) This program was run on a 220 cc head and it went about 90% as far as clean up. The intake floors are where it missed the most. I can run them though a 180 head and it will clean 100%. Mike, there is nothing wrong with a hand ported head at all. I just don't like working that hard anymore. 20 plus years of grinding on heads has taken its toll on this kid. Besides that it is amazing what you can do with a hand ported heads and a CAD program. If you have any more questions on this head just give me a shout.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have a set of Pro Topline heads on an SBC I bought off a guy in KY. Can anyone tell me where I can find information on these? My understanding is they are made in New Zealand but that's about all I could find out. They have numbers stamped on the heads but I have no way to tell what they mean.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts