Yellow Bullet Forums banner

41 - 60 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Finally the smoke and mirrors BS with RFD heads is over with and the truth comes out. I have never known anyone that has had beyond mediocre performance out of RFD stuff.

·
2 wheels,no cage,250mph
6,954 Posts
I thought rfd heads were the mostest "badazz" heads on the fricklin planetarium????? ...
They are in curtis head. But the numbers displayed prove the difference between curtis fantasy and reality.They are planets apart.

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
So. If RFD heads do not give results now, was there a time in the past that they did? How did he gain a reputation to be a favored vendor on his own? I would think he had to work for some other performance vendor in the past to know the business to get this far. I think he may have worked for a engine shop doing heads for them, like Sonnys or Shafiroff. Did he start out doing well for racers and then some financial or life change led to a decline? Did he quietly let someone else run his shop that was not up to the job? His online site looks very well put together.

He was pushing Edelbrock castings at one time. Heard later there were some issues with seats moving around. I talked to him a few years ago when I was searching for ported BBC heads and he was very good on the phone. Ended up with AFR CNC heads instead because of wait time.

·
Unbanned
20,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Dont know. But i wish i had of found a thread like this before i invested in his product.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
So. If RFD heads do not give results now, was there a time in the past that they did? How did he gain a reputation to be a favored vendor on his own? I would think he had to work for some other performance vendor in the past to know the business to get this far. I think he may have worked for a engine shop doing heads for them, like Sonnys or Shafiroff. Did he start out doing well for racers and then some financial or life change led to a decline? Did he quietly let someone else run his shop that was not up to the job? His online site looks very well put together.

He was pushing Edelbrock castings at one time. Heard later there were some issues with seats moving around. I talked to him a few years ago when I was searching for ported BBC heads and he was very good on the phone. Ended up with AFR CNC heads instead because of wait time.
It's the internet...,what do you expect! Anyone can put together a site and type from their Moms basement!!!!

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Anyone with good personal results or know someone they can get to come on here and give fair explanation of how RFD got from there to here??

·
Registered
127 Posts
They used to make some nice heads, i have a set i bought some years ago and i am happy with the performance. Someone told me Curtis isn't involved anymore, don't know if that's true. Maybe someone here knows?

·
2 wheels,no cage,250mph
6,954 Posts
They used to make some nice heads, i have a set i bought some years ago and i am happy with the performance. Someone told me Curtis isn't involved anymore, don't know if that's true. Maybe someone here knows?
Larryo was dealing with curtis.It was curtis that took his money.

·
Unbanned
20,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #52

I spoke with Curtis prior to ordering. I spoke with Curtis and Dan when I had problems before they stopped responding.
As far as I know it was only Curtis and Andrew in the shop, and Andrew has now been replaced by Dan.

·
Unbanned
20,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Landed my new pistons this week. Another $3K+ AU from my pocket without help from Curtis.

For those that haven't done any back reading, Curtis supplied the pistons I originally had that didn't work. There're now door stops or ashtrays.

·
2 wheels,no cage,250mph
6,954 Posts
Wonder if Curtis lost interest or something. He's been posting a lot about him doing cinematography on FB.
If that's the case then he should of shut his doors instead of charging people shit loads of money and not delivering the product as advertised and agreed on.

·
2 wheels,no cage,250mph
6,954 Posts
and the list keeps growing.
Umm. Andy is none too happy. He says the heads are not what he bargained for. He compares them with a UK food product called Lurpak. Seats falling out and such. Had to have a new set of heads made. Dont know anything else, but he got no help..... thats racing.

Andy Frost : The heads were shit to begin with, we mackled them up to get us through Bahrain, they didn't hold up. Time to start again, but our way, not someone elses. Valve train is fine as long as it fits the new heads.
LikeShow more reactions · Reply · 3 · March 6 at 4:17pm

·
Banned
1,515 Posts
Finally the smoke and mirrors BS with RFD heads is over with and the truth comes out. I have never known anyone that has had beyond mediocre performance out of RFD stuff.
The internet crowd is easily bullshitted by these internet superstars and deserves the fucking they get.

·
Registered
700 Posts
The internet crowd is easily bullshitted by these internet superstars and deserves the fucking they get.
I'm one of them. I did a ton of reading on YB and all arrows pointed to RFD. I gave Curtis a call and ordered a full on set of Victor pros with ALL of the bells and whistles. Well, after SME looked them over I got the call I didn't want to get. Long story short...Steve Morris had to go through the heads to make them work. That includes the surface rusted springs and T&D rockers (That RFD designed for this head) that were off in left field. Thankfully, Steve was able to save my $10K investment......Lesson learned.

·
Banned
1,515 Posts
stop listening to the internet crowd that knows nothing, 99% don't have a clue and are just repeating what they read or justifying their decision.

More important, forums are NOT the place to get info from, the race track is, talking to real racers, engine builders and chassis builders.

If you read this...

I read it on the internet so it can NOT be true, you'll never get burned.

Believe NOTHING you read on the net and half of what you see with your own eyes.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Well guys dyno results in. Can't complain a bit on performance. Actually made 28 more HP than I was shooting for. Never got a flow sheet or anything but engine performed without a flow sheet in hand, lol. I'm happy. Sorry some of you may have had some not so great experiences.

41 - 60 of 145 Posts