Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Kelly's Nightmare
4,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to re-wire the cars main harness, i first did it years ago and it works well but i have learned a bit since then an i want o simplify and clean up the install.

I need a source for some descent wire and connectors. it doesn't have to be milspec but i want nicer than what can be found at the local electricians shop.

thanks in advance.

·
Kelly's Nightmare
4,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
AreDeutsch connectors still considered the best or has their been a move to Metri-pack?

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
AreDeutsch connectors still considered the best or has their been a move to Metri-pack?
What are you looking for in a connector ? I have used, and had luck with the Molex MX150L Sealed connector. This one will accept anything from a 14 - 22 Gauge wire, and 2-6 Circuits.

If you need more than that, I would go with the Duetsch which are good up to 12 circuits, but with only a wire range from 14-18 Guage.

Pat

·
Kelly's Nightmare
4,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
pretty simple stuff, windows, headlights, ECM, fuel pump, and guages.

I've never liked th e"look" of the molex connectors but if they work ill give them a shot.

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
What are you looking for in a connector ? I have used, and had luck with the Molex MX150L Sealed connector. This one will accept anything from a 14 - 22 Gauge wire, and 2-6 Circuits.

If you need more than that, I would go with the Duetsch which are good up to 12 circuits, but with only a wire range from 14-18 Guage.

Pat
Pat,

What type of crimper do yo use with the molex terminals?

·
Registered
578 Posts
Nah...not mine. A customer drained the fuel bowls full of Alky onto the intake and then pinch a gasket...never checked for leaks...lets say that once it ignited...it burned for a few minutes. The bad thing is he refuses to have me fix until the end of the season....quite a few bare wires and he wins rounds every weekend!!!

No comment.......lol

Pat

1 - 15 of 15 Posts