Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting ready to rewire my mustang. What wiring kit do you recommend? I'm planning on using a painless kit. Do you know of anything better?

·
Registered
871 Posts
ez wiring kits are the same, cost half the price.

street car? Race car? leaving us in the dark with alot of stuff.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I am in the same boat !
I have to decide this week
for me i need is all ext , interior lights,wipers, no heater no air, no window, air bag,no radio, carb eng ,elec fan,elec water pump,line lock ,trans brake,nos 2x fuel pump,two step,
I want to remove some dead wiring & weight , have cleaner wiring with all relays required.

·
Registered
871 Posts
I used a 21 circuit from ez wiring. Like I said its the same as painless. Summit sales painless under their own name.

Granted I didnt use all 21 circuits. Some of them you can use to power other accessors. Example would be if you have roll up windows, you could use the power windows wire that comes off the fuse block to power the line lock or the water pump, trans brake. ect. Of course this would be the power wire to the relay.

I know I use the choke wire, and 2 other wires to power gauges, wide-band ect. I have them wired on a terminal block so I can change them around as needed.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry.... Its a street car. Im using about the same that fastlx just mentioned.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I ran my spaghetti kit on my street car for 4 years then when we built the new car we re-used it. Head lights, tail, turn, racepak, electric fan and water pump, fuel, NOS, dash, power windows ect... LESS weight, easier to install (6 hours) and a 1/4 of the wires.

·
Registered
26,607 Posts
I would like some proof the ez wire is the same as painless. Not saying it isnt, just would like to know for sure.

·
My Own Worst Enemy
3,411 Posts
I don't know if EZ Wire kits are the same as Painless kits, but I will say that they are very nice and are affordable.

·
Registered
871 Posts
I would like some proof the ez wire is the same as painless. Not saying it isnt, just would like to know for sure.
When I say "same" I dont mean exactly the same. Put them beside one another and you can't tell a difference.

Some have said that summit brand is painless, but get this. summit uses E-Zwiring instructions. food for though.

I would love to get my hands on speedwire instructions or how it is wired up.

·
Registered
26,607 Posts
When I say "same" I dont mean exactly the same. Put them beside one another and you can't tell a difference.

Some have said that summit brand is painless, but get this. summit uses E-Zwiring instructions. food for though.

I would love to get my hands on speedwire instructions or how it is wired up.
Ok, I understand now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts