Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
T/S 368E
27,767 Posts

Good, that stupid nascar want to be playoff's was idiotic!!!

Season champion means season champion!!!
This isn't hockey, this is an individual sport, no playoff's neeeded!!!!

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
Chicago what a joke. Place always looks empty even at their National Events. They should of kept VMP or Atlanta on the schedule.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
I am entered at Atlanta. That's not happening now. I wonder what will happen with my entry fee? I doubt I will have enough grade points to enter any of the other races. Plus they might just reduce the quota on Sportsman to speed up the program seeing how most of the races lost a day

·
Registered
314 Posts
They will just keep your money. I got mine refunded years ago because there wasn't going to be an event close enough for me to use it within the time frame. You could try.

·
T/S 368E
27,767 Posts
Chicago what a joke. Place always looks empty even at their National Events.
They should of kept VMP or Atlanta on the schedule.

Some years you don't hear a single commercial about the event!!!
Other years you might hear a few, but not early & often enough for a family to make plans to attend.

There is something like 9 million people within an hour or 2, and they don't pound away on get 1st timers.
Every 1st timer I ever brought loved it.
They would never start attending a weekly event, but they would come to the Nationals to see the fire breathing monsters!!!

·
Registered
161 Posts
This appears to be the most logistically correct schedule NHRA has ever put together. No going from Gainesville to Vegas to Charlotte... Hopefully they are able to pull it off.

·
T/S 368E
27,767 Posts

I've been saying that for decades.
Tradition is great, all for it, but pissing away time, fuel & money is moronic!!!

Our sport is rough enough to keep up car counts, being more efficient would help tremendously!!!

·
Registered
1,699 Posts

Good, that stupid nascar want to be playoff's was idiotic!!!

Season champion means season champion!!!
This isn't hockey, this is an individual sport, no playoff's neeeded!!!!

Yes!! Death to the Countdown!! I've always believed that if a racer/team developed an advantage over their competitors, they deserve to be able to use it until other teams catch up....... not having their points lead evaporate due to a "reset". If a racer/team runs away with the season, so be it; they've earned it. Hard work should be rewarded, not victimized by a "reset" just to add drama....

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have 3 day tickets for 2 to Houston next month. Hotels, plane tickets, etc. also have 3 day tickets for 2 for the VMP event along with hotel. They say talk to the tracks to reschedule or refund. Tried that, no one is picking up the phone. Looks like I'll be eating over a $1k. That's fine, because the economy is doing great!

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I have 3 day tickets for 2 to Houston next month. Hotels, plane tickets, etc. also have 3 day tickets for 2 for the VMP event along with hotel. They say talk to the tracks to reschedule or refund. Tried that, no one is picking up the phone. Looks like I'll be eating over a $1k. That's fine, because the economy is doing great!
I hear Ya, just dropped a grand going to Gainesville only to have them pull the plug Thursday afternoon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts