Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would there be any advantage to reverse cooling a bbc with a roots blower on gas? I am wondering if it would help keep the head/intake temps down a bit. I am going to run the Meziere 55 electric and a Grifffin rad, 1.5" in 1.75" out. The water outlets on the Littlefield intake are only -8, are they going to flow enough to keep a limited use street motor cool? I can't open the outlets any bigger due to the casting design. Would tapping the ends of the heads ( Pro1s) be an option or necessary? Just trying to get my plumbing sorted out. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just found some answers in the archives, guess I was using the wrong search before. I would still like to know about drilling and tapping the ends of the heads for a -12, is there enough material or do I have to weld on a fitting?

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is enough material there to do it, not alot to gain, but not bad to do.
You think it's not worth doing? Would the 2 -8's flow enough to keep it cool? :smt102 I would rather not touch the heads if thats going to be enough. The fittings stick straight out of the intake, pointing at the rad. There is a hard 90* turn drilled in the intake, thats going to hurt coolant flow. I'm thinking about maybe running reverse cool, and having a pair of -3 off the back of the intake up to the expansion tank/rad cap. With the tank mounted on the firewall it should bleed off any trapped air. Read/heard some differing views on this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts