Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have the Jegs or Summit retractable tow straps? I was wondering about these and Jegs has something called a tow snake. What works the best? Towing with a 4-wheeler. Thanks in Advance;)

·
PROUD AMERICAN WORKER!
7,416 Posts
pushing ....

·
Registered
138 Posts
I tow my car with a Summit retractable and a 4 wheeler and it works good.
Last year I hooked to the car above the windshield in the roll cage. I had to add weight to the front of the 4 wheeler because it wanted to wheelie. rp

·
T/S 368E
29,961 Posts

I tried one of the retractable with a 4 wheeler.
Worked great, it was a 650, so no trouble with power, or wheelies.
It was a roof mount on a real low car. Only problem was it was lower than the scoop,
and my wife would keep going to the right forcing me off the return road?!?!??!

That was the main reason why I went and bought all the stuff to build a push bar.
She just will not listen or pay attention. Everyone else stays way left, and lets the car do the braking.

·
Registered
4,113 Posts
Just respect these things I had one straighten out the hook after stopping in staging. The ratchet end came flying back with a vengence almost took my head off as i was setting on the door bar steering, it put a huge dent in the windsheild post.

·
T/S 368E
29,961 Posts

That's one reason after trying it, I stayed with what I had.
A bunch of my buddies love them,
I was just a little worried about breakage causing a boo boo like that.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
i tow with a 4 wheeler and hook it under my bumper. i use a $20 one from home depo. its retractable, and retracks to the middle. it gets alittle beat up but for the price and not running it over who cares

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Bought 2 from A.R.T. JUNK

·
PROUD AMERICAN WORKER!
7,416 Posts
much better deal... driver of the car can put car where he wants... hes in control. make your self...

·
T/S 368E
29,961 Posts

I bought one of these & the big pins from farm & fleet, cut it in half and bought some tube from the steel mill. Cheap, and don't have to worry about crappy towing skills of my wife.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OK, guys I tried the summit retractacle and it broke the second time I used it. The velcro on the loop separated at the seam. Now what??

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I would have gone the push route but I cannot see the right front of the car due to 7inch cowl hood. Hell, in the left lane I can only see the top bulb...lucky we only race with the Pro Tree. Anyway, I have the Summit retractable. I had a hook sewn on the end to do away with the velcro...works great.

·
T/S 368E
29,961 Posts
OK, guys I tried the summit retractacle and it broke the second time I used it. The velcro on the loop separated at the seam. Now what??

My buddy has the same thing. I refused to use it, didn't trust the velcro.
He's 3000 lbs + and never had an issue, you must have got a lemon.
Personally, if I used that style, I would rivet the velcro.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts