Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wanting to retard timing while nitrous is on, im wanting to leave off the nitrous and have it on for two seconds, do I use start retard or step retard using the msd grid

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
start retard is for when you are starting the motor. Step retard is what you want. I would do a short ramp in the timing out as well as back in.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how do I set it if i'm only going to have nitrous on for 2 seconds into the run, not sure how to get it back to original timing

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
You could achieve it with launch timing. You could pull x out then feed it back after 2 seconds after the n2o is off. Make sure it is actually off though before putting timing back in lol.

Are you just trying to livin up the launch?

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
82 Posts
I think your best bet would be doing a launch timing graph take timing out right off the transbrake then ramp it back in after nitrous is off. Or step retard with an external timer that will see 12v when you release the brake and stay on the same amount of time your spraying then when the nitrous is done, timer goes off take away the 12v which in return would shut the step retard off

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
Agree. Simplest / cheapest is via the Grid Launch Retard (LR). Use it essentially as a Step Retard, by taking out what you want on Launch (Release of TB), & turn it off when you want it off. Or, the options are endless, as you can Ramp it "off" over time. Alternatively, a number of n20 controllers can do this too. I have a Leash. With a single stage on for a short period of time, the MSD LR function should do it. Using a Digiset Timer is another option to turn systems on / off. Good luck.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Are you going to leave on nitrous at release of transbrake? And then only have it on for 2 seconds? Going to use an external timer or only grid?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
leave with no nitrous turn it on about 1/2 second out for 2 seconds wanting to use the grid to take timing out and delay box timer to turn nitrous on. Can this work?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts