Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Mod.

Monty,

Gilsbachracecraft doesnt do shit for this section.
Nothing personal, but if they dont have the time to deal with it, replacement is in order. No offense.

·
winners circle
5,556 Posts
Well i don't know about that.Not to sound like a smart ass,but Bill Gilsbach might be to busy working to play on the computer like we do.i just had Bill do some work for me and wasn't like he made a ton of money off of me,but he treated me like anyone that just paid him to have a pro mod built by him.

·
winners circle
5,556 Posts
I hear ya. Probably my bad. Shitty mood, car not working right, blah blah.
I retract.
i help a good friend of mine with a swing arm Dragster.We been trying different things on it and finally got it working better then it ever did.You just have to make small adjustments on a car and see if it likes it or not.All cars are different one way or another.Good luck on getting yours the way you want it.

·
Lord of Lords
4,165 Posts
I agree, I even PM'd Gilsbach a couple week ago refering to my thread which had TONS of useful information in it to help assess my cars suspension, have not heard or seen one single post from G.R. since I joined YB.

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
Well i don't know about that.Not to sound like a smart ass,but Bill Gilsbach might be to busy working to play on the computer like we do.i just had Bill do some work for me and wasn't like he made a ton of money off of me,but he treated me like anyone that just paid him to have a pro mod built by him.
Thanks Jeff,I have been extremely busy the last few months.I think the last time I talked to you I had been up for two days straight finishing Juniors Drag radial car.I haven't had a break yet.In this business,at least mine,it's either feast or famine.Right now I am trying to pay for a fairly long famine and develop a few new products that will help pay the bill's.Believe me I would rather be in a position to sit at my desk and read everybody's questions and problems.I hope to be caught up enough in the next week or so to feel comfortable sitting at the computer and helping out.I hope you understand and I do apologize.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
I hear ya. Probably my bad. Shitty mood, car not working right, blah blah.
I retract.
How about this. Take your car to Bill. Pay him to set the suspension up and make it work. Then, you want be in such a crappy mood. He gets paid for his services and your car is fixed. Problem solved. Don't gripe b/c someone hasn't told you how to fix it for free. Bill can talk to people until he is blue in the face on telling them how to fix something to make it work over the phone or message board, but the deal is he is still not personally doing it which means it could still be wrong. I have been through this on numerous occasions. He would be on the phone or internet with you or someone else hours and hours at a time free of charge. Guess what. He is in the chassis business. I understand he is a moderator, but he still has to pay the bills. How does he pay his bills? He probably works on cars. It's hard to work on cars and fix everyone's problems over the internet at the same time. Pick up the phone and call him. If you don't get him, leave a message, and I'm sure he will call you back. I understand this is a message board, and I'm pretty sure there are others on here that can help you too. Don't attack someone and not know what it is like to walk in their shoes. I'm not trying to personally attack you, but a lot of good people (moderators) have been attacked lately over free help. I am just like these guys, and I have to pay my bills too. I offer free help and free advice everyday over the phone and internet. It is part of the job. We do it to help promote our businesses and hopefully one of those people will return for future business. The thing is the majority never do. I've had two people in the last several months talk to me hours upon hours on the phone and over the net, and I have gave them free advice and free information over and over. It's part of the job, but listen to this. One of these guys told me over the phone the other day that he had bought a piece of tubing elsewhere b/c it was a $1 cheaper. This same person continually calls, and I continue to give free advice. I have had phone calls after 11pm on a week day while I was in the bed asleep. Sometimes 2am. I've also had phone calls from this person before 6am in the morning. Text messages asking me if I was asleep. The deal is support the guys who support you. Bill could be very busy at the moment, and just not have time to get on here.

Brian

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
I agree, I even PM'd Gilsbach a couple week ago refering to my thread which had TONS of useful information in it to help assess my cars suspension, have not heard or seen one single post from G.R. since I joined YB.
A- Pick up the phone and call him.
B- or refer to post above.

He probably gets 20+ pms a day. Some slip through the cracks, as I have inadvertently missed some as well.

Thanks,
Brian

·
Registered
1,782 Posts

·
winners circle
5,556 Posts
Thanks Jeff,I have been extremely busy the last few months.I think the last time I talked to you I had been up for two days straight finishing Juniors Drag radial car.I haven't had a break yet.In this business,at least mine,it's either feast or famine.Right now I am trying to pay for a fairly long famine and develop a few new products that will help pay the bill's.Believe me I would rather be in a position to sit at my desk and read everybody's questions and problems.I hope to be caught up enough in the next week or so to feel comfortable sitting at the computer and helping out.I hope you understand and I do apologize.
Bill i don't think you need to apologize for anything.i Should have came up there while i was off from work and gave you a hand and maybe try to learn something from you.

·
Registered
20,822 Posts
How about this. Take your car to Bill. Pay him to set the suspension up and make it work. Then, you want be in such a crappy mood. He gets paid for his services and your car is fixed. Problem solved. Don't gripe b/c someone hasn't told you how to fix it for free. Bill can talk to people until he is blue in the face on telling them how to fix something to make it work over the phone or message board, but the deal is he is still not personally doing it which means it could still be wrong. I have been through this on numerous occasions. He would be on the phone or internet with you or someone else hours and hours at a time free of charge. Guess what. He is in the chassis business. I understand he is a moderator, but he still has to pay the bills. How does he pay his bills? He probably works on cars. It's hard to work on cars and fix everyone's problems over the internet at the same time. Pick up the phone and call him. If you don't get him, leave a message, and I'm sure he will call you back. I understand this is a message board, and I'm pretty sure there are others on here that can help you too. Don't attack someone and not know what it is like to walk in their shoes. I'm not trying to personally attack you, but a lot of good people (moderators) have been attacked lately over free help. I am just like these guys, and I have to pay my bills too. I offer free help and free advice everyday over the phone and internet. It is part of the job. We do it to help promote our businesses and hopefully one of those people will return for future business. The thing is the majority never do. I've had two people in the last several months talk to me hours upon hours on the phone and over the net, and I have gave them free advice and free information over and over. It's part of the job, but listen to this. One of these guys told me over the phone the other day that he had bought a piece of tubing elsewhere b/c it was a $1 cheaper. This same person continually calls, and I continue to give free advice. I have had phone calls after 11pm on a week day while I was in the bed asleep. Sometimes 2am. I've also had phone calls from this person before 6am in the morning. Text messages asking me if I was asleep. The deal is support the guys who support you. Bill could be very busy at the moment, and just not have time to get on here.

Brian
No better post was ever made than this one.

Some of these guys go broke, and everyone wants you to tell them what they have spent money on, and time for free. They will buy their parts and spend money with someone else and never drop a dime to support the guys. Show some respect and understanding for the free advice they give. I am sure you can drop your car off and pay for it then have the right to complain.

·
Bring on the Metal!!
9,483 Posts
Dude. I know better than most exactly where your coming from. I've been working 15-16 hour days for the past 3 weeks trying to get a drag radial and outlaw 10.5 car done by end of the week/2 weeks. My kids hardly recognize me anymore.:-D I just finished a Jiffy Store sandwich and now it's back to work.:smt078

·
Registered
130 Posts
Bill will help any body out at any time, even if you spend your money some were else. and your car was done wrong by some one else. Give the man a break.
There is a lot of guys out there that will not give you the time of day if you spent
your money some wear else. Bill is the only guy I know thats in the shop at
3am or 4am any day of the week getting it done for the you 364 DAY A YEAR.
Bill is trying to make a dollar just like any one else and help the world

·
Registered
705 Posts
I agree with Brian. Bill will help you whenever possible. Hes always answered any questions I've asked, and as a result Ive bought some carbon body pieces from him. Cut the guy a little bit of a break as im sure hes doing all he can right now. Just like Dan and Bill, My chassis shop is keeping me busy until at least 12 to 1am every day right now trying to make sure everyone has there cars to race. Don't have time for much of anything.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts