Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I learned of this a couple days ago from a friend of mine is flying at the Reno air races. I thought it was already posted, but I guess it's not, or maybe I missed it? Anyway...

·
Registered
671 Posts
I read about that, didn't see the video until now.
I wonder if something just broke, and the guy just ended up being a spectator along for the ride?
Tough way to go.
But, it appears he was going full speed right to the last second. So, hopefully it was relatively fast with hopefully no pain.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Early analysis video is very informative. Guy doing video is former Air Force Thunderbirds flight lead and commander.

RIP pilot Houge.

·
Registered
14,496 Posts
Augured in.
He was the president and half owner of Hogue Inc, the handgun grip and rifle stock manufacturer. Big loss for sure for the gun guys.
Big loss to his family and friends. Doubt even his most loyal customers are shedding any tears.

Reactions: Irocboyzz28

·
Registered
14,496 Posts
As someone who was severely injured in an explosion I would hope it was a G loc deal. If not the time between loss of control and impact probably seemed like hours.
I hate that feeling. I'll never forget looking out the passenger window of an IROC doing about 50mph sideways and headed for the guardrail of a freeway overpass. Felt like it was about an hour before we finally slammed into it. Glad that fucker held, or we'd have likely ended up shiny-side down in the middle of 4-lane rush hour.

Reactions: bottlefed1

·
Meh Commander
16,443 Posts
Yikes…..I will try many things in life, but I would rather put my dick in a vice than fly one of those things at 500mph just a hundred feet or so off the ground….it’s a big nope from me :(
Exactly ⤴
And that’s exactly what makes this truly the last real racing there is with the possable exception of the Isle of man tt.
Few guys sitting in the bleachers or on their couch's have the balls to step into one … every other form racing has been neutered … just about anybody in decent shape would give any kinda car racing a try.

·
Registered
14,496 Posts
Do they have ejection seats ? If he was out cold it wouldnt matter , but if not , there was a lot of time to get out .
Time to clear the cockpit maybe. At that altitude, probably not time for the chute to open and slow you down.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts