Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ATTENTION RRA OLS RACERS:

The rules currently state we run a 8 car field or a 16 car field if car count warrants. Some of you may not know why the rule was changed from 2011 to read that way rather than strictly stating an 8 car field. Tom swore given half a chance this class would succeed and was banking on the fact that 2012 would prove him right. So the reason he worded it that way and did not just leave it alone or automatically make it a 16 car field is the fact that he knew that everyone was going to be watching to see what this year would bring.

If you only have 8 - 9 guys showing up on a 16 car field it does not necessarily appear successful in everyones eyes. His goal was to show this class could be successful while it still allowing it room to grow by not limiting it to just 8 cars - not turn cars away until we reached more than 16 at an event. Our first race we had 10 guys show up - more than this class has ever seen - which was very exciting and looks very promising, however because the class was based on a 8 car field, two racers did not qualify...so we would like to entertain the idea of going ahead and opening up the ladder to allow all the cars to run up to the 16 car field as of June 9th as to not discourage racers from coming out to support the class, and racing in our series.

We do hope that the RRA OLS racers will be in support of this idea as well...

·
Slow Poke
2,060 Posts
I say let it be an all run field like Milan. Limiting the field to 8 cars will only hurt the class later on down the road because you'll get the same group of a few fast cars, and no new folks wanting to join the class.

It's a proven fact that the fastest car doesn't win the race all the time.

I was a bit turned off at the first race after it was setup to run 10 cars, then was changed to run 8. I was in the field, so I was okay, but if I was the fellow that came down from New York I would never come back.

If we want people to come, then you gotta let them race.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
You already know I'm in support of racing as many as we can, Thanks Krystal an the committe members that helped on this. We'll do our best to make it a success.

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
Little Z28;8859216 but if I was the fellow that came down from New York I would never come back. .[/QUOTE said:
the rules in place were for a 8 car field and that's what was advertised.so nobody should have been mad about the 5-26-12 race. And it's not fair to change the rules the day of the race. And we are sorry about that.
That being said, it is now going to be set up on a 16 car field so everyone can race eliminations. We really love this class and so do the fans. So we hope to continue to grow our Ols program

·
Slow Poke
2,060 Posts
the rules in place were for a 8 car field and that's what was advertised.so nobody should have been mad about the 5-26-12 race. And it's not fair to change the rules the day of the race. And we are sorry about that.
That being said, it is now going to be set up on a 16 car field so everyone can race eliminations. We really love this class and so do the fans. So we hope to continue to grow our Ols program

I understand it was written down in the past and that's fine. My point is that if anyone in the RRA seriously wants the class to succeed, then you must have cars to race in it. If you send folks packing this early in the game, then the class won't be around long. I'm not speaking for everyone, but I think a poll of the drivers in the class at the first race would have revealed that the majority wouldn't have cared if we let the 10 run. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
I understand it was written down in the past and that's fine. My point is that if anyone in the RRA seriously wants the class to succeed, then you must have cars to race in it. If you send folks packing this early in the game, then the class won't be around long. I'm not speaking for everyone, but I think a poll of the drivers in the class at the first race would have revealed that the majority wouldn't have cared if we let the 10 run. Just my opinion.
and you are entitled to your opinion but 8 car field means 8 cars! now it's a 16 car field so we don't run into this situation again. So make sure you turn on the 3rd kit because with the expected cool weather the field could be fast.

·
Registered
47 Posts
and you are entitled to your opinion but 8 car field means 8 cars! now it's a 16 car field so we don't run into this situation again. So make sure you turn on the 3rd kit because with the expected cool weather the field could be fast.
And mufflers on cars except turbo cars must mean that too. Right???!

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The support for this class by its racers is great to see...

While at the race on the 26th Dave Hinzman pitched in $500 to help with this season's payouts, before I even had a chance to mention the generosity the Turner Family steps up to contribute $1500 to help the payouts extend a little further down the ladder now that we are opening up the field. I don't think it can ever be said enough that the RENEGADE RACING ASSOCIATION is made up of some of the best men involved in this sport.

THANK YOU DAVE!!!

THANK YOU TURNER FAMILY - MR Z, LITTLE Z, and of course MRS. Z!!!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Wow.......That's great news! Thanks Dave and the Turner family for your generosity! :)

·
Registered
918 Posts
Thats great i love watching OLS class thanks to all the donations I love listen to Daves car come up to the line with that big procharger

·
R.I.P DAD 9-25-2012
4,967 Posts
wow guys thats awsome ;)

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Thats outstanding guys its unbelievable how you support your class !!!!!

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
WHATS NEXT? TUBE CHASIS?
they pretty much are from the firewall back. what do you think a 25.2 and a 25.3 cert are? not being sarcastic or mean here btw. this is how we build them to pass nhra tech. if your ever around and want to see it up close let me know.

thanks to the Z family and dave for helping the class!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
is there now an updated payout for our class?

·
Registered
729 Posts
The support for this class by its racers is great to see...

While at the race on the 26th Dave Hinzman pitched in $500 to help with this season's payouts, before I even had a chance to mention the generosity the Turner Family steps up to contribute $1500 to help the payouts extend a little further down the ladder now that we are opening up the field. I don't think it can ever be said enough that the RENEGADE RACING ASSOCIATION is made up of some of the best men involved in this sport.

THANK YOU DAVE!!!

THANK YOU TURNER FAMILY - MR Z, LITTLE Z, and of course MRS. Z!!!
It's news like this that fuels me dumping money into my car to get it ready to race with the RRA.

What a great show of support!

1 - 20 of 68 Posts