Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
winners circle
5,556 Posts
if i had a 9-10 second car i would rather park it than race 1/8th mile ... i think it would be lame as a racer to race 1/8th mile at those times ..
What if your local track is 1/8 mile ? the next track is 2 hours away and its 1/4 mile . i run 5.80's in 1/8 and 9.20's 1/4 . it dont bother me to run 1/8 mile . i just wanna race.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Our series - RENEGADE RACING ASSOCIATION - will return to its normal format when Jim Curtis clears us to do so, until then we will run a modified 1/8th mile program for all classes We will return to our normal format with OLS runs 1/8 mile, all index classes run 1/4 mile when the track has given us clearance.

Thompson Raceway Park is our home, and we are just as proud of that fact today as we were when our series began in 2010. Our faith in Jim or the safety of the track has not waivered. The opinions of a few who participtate in our series do not represent the majority.

This is not subject to a vote or a survey...this is the format in which we race...you can choose to race with us or not. The choice has always been with the individual but RENEGADE RACING stands behind Jim and his staff 110% - I realize their will be some who disagree with this and that is ok. I can also tell you the RRA will be making some changes in a few areas following the events of June 9th to make sure our drivers are adhering to personal safety guidelines. We have doubted the safety of the track in which we call home.

There is no need for these to become an online debate, as I said the series stands behind the track and once cleared we will return to running 1/4 mile. For those of you who do not wish to continue to race our program - I understand and everyone needs to decide for themselves however we hope to see you all on July 3rd

Kristal

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
What if your local track is 1/8 mile ? the next track is 2 hours away and its 1/4 mile . i run 5.80's in 1/8 and 9.20's 1/4 . it dont bother me to run 1/8 mile . i just wanna race.
if your local track only runs 1/8th mile then theres nothing you can do about it ... but if i had a 10 second car i would not want to run 1/8th mile ...thats just me ..

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
I for one back the plan and the track 100%. At this point it is both prudent and a wise decision until recent events are fully evaluated.

·
winners circle
5,556 Posts
if your local track only runs 1/8th mile then theres nothing you can do about it ... but if i had a 10 second car i would not want to run 1/8th mile ...thats just me ..
BTW hows your car running ? we got a True Street class down here you OLS guys would kick butt in.

·
Slow Poke
2,060 Posts
I for one back the plan and the track 100%. At this point it is both prudent and a wise decision until recent events are fully evaluated.

I agree Ray. And I also believe that folks should continue to support TRP since we all know some improvements will be required. If we don't support them, then there will not be funding available to them to make improvements and that will end the great thing we have going....

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
now if the track says you have to run 1/8th mile you have to do what you have to do until they figure things out ... thats out of the racers hands ...

1 - 20 of 95 Posts