Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The guy that had my truck before me installed a swing out bar to make it easier for him to get in and out of. I would like to put a solid bar back in the place of the swing out bar. Can I butt and weld the joints together and then put a sleeve over the joints and weld the sleeves and be legal? It will be really difficult to replace the whole bar because of how tight the fit is at the hoop.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Sleeving tubes is legal, I do not like doing it ! some guys are ok with it . Put the sleeve on the inside of the tube, weld it up and then make sure you put at least 2 rosette welds ( plug welds ) on each side of the of the main splice .

I would recomend you make this your last option ,Do everything you can to replace the tube first .

Good luck

·
First round fodder...
3,602 Posts
take it to little art in dothan and have him fix you up, pro shop work, hobby shop prices....

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Casey, you got a p# or anyway to get in touch with him, I may want to make a few other changes.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just weld the bolts in lol
Yeah OK, That WOULD solve the swing out problem.......LOL..........hhhhmmmm I wonder if......nevermind :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts