Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know whether the OEM moldings have clips or are they just put on with double sided tape? Thanks in Advance;)

·
My Own Worst Enemy
3,411 Posts
Mine is a 2005 and I just finished gluing them back on. Factory only had double sided tape on them to the doors on mine and they were starting to come off.

·
Registered
931 Posts
2 sided tape, just pull them off. Get yourself an eraser wheel to get the tape off the door. I get them from ATD tools through our paint suppliers. You can chuck them up in a cordless drill and will work good.

·
~TweakeD~
9,107 Posts
the easy way of getting the molding off ( if taped) is take fishing line, and run it between the molding and body. Comes off alot easier.

·
My Own Worst Enemy
3,411 Posts
Anybody have pictures of them without the side moldings?

·
My Own Worst Enemy
3,411 Posts
That actually don't look to bad. I might take mine off if they start to peel back again.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just for verification this is what I want to remove. They are sun faded on both sides of the truck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
another easy way to take them off is a small torch with propane tank and heat them up. It peels right off with minimal glue or tape staying behind

·
Registered
705 Posts
Best way to take them off is with an electric heat gun. They come right off. My buddy bought an 05 with 190k miles (truck is super clean and looks brand new). We just took his off and it makes the truck look so much cleaner. Its here at the shop getting head gaskets, arp head studs, injectors etc. installed so I can snap a pic if you want to see it. Its a must do in my opinion. Thats the first thing I did when I bought my 04 silverado.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts