Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
68 camaro. How do you guys set this up? Same as a glass front end, but stronger tree tubing, and bolts at firewall as opposed to dzus fasteners? All steel but want to be able to remove in one piece to work on engine. Any pics?

·
OG Member since 9/7/06
17,325 Posts
On my 55 it used the top two fender bolts on each side that attach to the firewall I used a bottom bolt on each fender at the bottom rear and the front was all tied together with tubular framework and it bolted to the front frame horns with one bolt on each side. 6 bolts in the whole front end came off.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the post. That’s what I was thinking of doing. A ‘55 must have been heavy? I’ll have to build a tubular tree and mount the radiator to the frame side.

·
OG Member since 9/7/06
17,325 Posts
Thanks for the post. That’s what I was thinking of doing. A ‘55 must have been heavy? I’ll have to build a tubular tree and mount the radiator to the frame side.
It really was not that heavy. It did not have the factory core support and it was pretty well minimized. The radiator was mounted to a tree that stayed with the chassis and there were just two plugs for the lights in the front end. The bumper slid into two tubular slides that were welded to the front of the chassis and pinned into them.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool thanks for the tips. I think I’ll have to figure out a mount for the bumper, so a slide/pin mount sounds like a good idea.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts