Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to keep some sort of rear seat in my car for my kids since it will see lots of street action. I would also like the cage to certify for 8.50. Is it acceptable to make the back brace off of the main hoop removable just like the side door bars?

·
Registered
570 Posts
your kids in the back seat in proximity to solid steel tubing without wearing racing helmets even for street driving....please rethink what your doing.

·
fabricator
1,172 Posts
Agreed, if you cage the car, then that is the end of kids in the back seat. Period

It's too dangerous, you never know what could happen. It may not be your fault at all, but a little fender bender could seriously injure or even kill someone.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Kind of here nor there as the NHRA rulebook states the bar must be welded in place. "All required rear seat braces must be installed at a minimum angle of 30 degrees from vertical and must be welded in. Page 266, 2009 rule book.

·
Misanthropist
3,142 Posts
your kids in the back seat in proximity to solid steel tubing without wearing racing helmets even for street driving....please rethink what your doing.
This confuses me. :confused:

(people are not using solid steel for roll cages? Must be heavy as hell!!)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts