Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running into trouble trying to plumb a line into the upper port (oil in) on the block (KB Olds).

It's a 1/2" NPT threaded port, but it is so tight to the rear face of the block that without some clearancing, it's going to be near impossible to get any AN fitting in place. Anyone using this block...…...what did you use?

I'd like to get a 90deg., or 120 deg. fitting,(or ?), that will swivel to allow it to be installed.

Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PPPcenter.com
Page 30 of catalog.
AN/NPT oil fittings with extended necks
Bad News,
Thanks for your input, I've actually made up a couple of different length fittings the same as the ones that you referred me to (PPP), unfortunately they aim right at, and interfere with, the water port fitting at the rear of the block....just my luck, usually bad :).
Anyhow, I'm trying to get something that turns downward, to allow clearance from the water fitting...….but obviously it would have to swivel, to allow the fitting to thread into place. That's the dilemma I'm having.

But again, I appreciate your input.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I should add that I have seen most of the available -12AN to 1/2"male NPT fittings (at least the ones that I could find through the common sources), and the issue is that the clearancing required to clear the AN portion of the fitting would require some serious "hogging out" of the rear face of the block to allow installation......not sure that I want to remove that much material from the block.

·
Registered
45 Posts
If it is like the DRCE block you will have to mill back of cylinder head for clearence to get a 90 fitting on it

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I welded a -12 nipple with the hex machined off to the end of a piece of stainless pipe. It was crude but survived a lot of tire shake on a blown promod. We had no water fitting to navigate around.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts