Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
102,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
that I am not a big fan of cross draw holsters, and that people can close the distance very quickly on you?

Take a look at this, and it illustrates my point exactly of why you shouldn't use cross draw holsters:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5AGi7Xp3AUI

Now mind you, he closed the distance very quickly, but still you can see the point of, if you had a cross draw, he could pin your gun in the holster, and you end up with your ass whooped armed with a gun.

·
Banned
69,762 Posts
I know the cop was a bit uneasy but he should be charged for assault.
FUCK THAT! He had 3 warnings! He's lucky he got that! If more cops were allowed to act like that nowadays maybe crime wouldn't be as high as it is.

·
Registered
21,141 Posts
Yeah, but the first time the cop does not get agressive and they perp acutually does have a gun he doesn't stand much of a chance of surving at close range. Which is the majority of the distance cops have to defend theriselves...not much protection.

·
Registered
407 Posts
You have to be kidding??!! He failed 3 times to comply with a police officer. Who knows what he had in his pockets.

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Im playing devil advocate here...;).
If it were a woman no she would not have been treated the same.
The cop should have drawn his weopon if he felt threatened.

·
Registered
21,141 Posts
Hypothetical question....

Would that cop do the same thing to a woman?

I'm just asking nice question only......:D
I doubt as if they are trained to look at them any differently. Whether they do or not may be something each police officer looks at differently.

·
Premium Member
102,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I doubt as if they are trained to look at them any differently. Whether they do or not may be something each police officer looks at differently.
I'm an equal opportunity ass kicker. A woman will shoot your ass faster than a guy will, so I tend to watch women closer.

·
Registered
13,051 Posts
IMO, he was given 3 warnings & he did not comply. Too bad. hes lucky that the cop did not take him completely off his feet & force him to land on his head.

Bob

·
Registered
110 Posts
One thing I noticed in the slow motion was the dude never even responded to the cops sudden reaction...not even an involuntary reaction...just went down like a ton of bricks...:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
102,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
One thing I noticed in the slow motion was the dude never even responded to the cops sudden reaction...not even an involuntary reaction...just went down like a ton of bricks...:rolleyes:
Lot of good points in the responses, but this made me go back and look at the video again.

Not only did the violator ignore his request and have zero reaction, but this idiot insisted on putting his hand back in his pocket after the officer asked him to keep it out.

Just think the point of this thread was to show how fast someone can close the distance between you and them, but now we see it from another angle.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Damn! That cop was quick. Dude shoulda listened. I give the cop a 10, swift, smooth, fluid moves, took the dude down in record time.
Thanks Gunny! Good video.

·
RIP Dave - YB will miss you
25,442 Posts
That cop was lucky the perp didnt respond to his charge.I know I could have dropped that cop with a straight right when he came charging in like that.I'm not saying I would do it because I dont have physical encounters with police,but a guy with some size and punching power could have hurt that officer.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Screw that!! Officer Saftey is number one.. period. That officer is going home at the end of the night. That guy was given three chances to comply and failed. How many times does the officer need to say something? That officer doesnt know that guy and he has no clue what that guy is thinking, or what he may have planned. That was a good take down and that officer did what he had to do and made a decision at that time.

-Matt Reese

1 - 20 of 39 Posts