Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife's grandfather decided it was time to sell his farm. It's 800 acres up by Bolder Junction WI. 400 are forest and 400 pasture. We breed and sell draft horses and need a bigger place than out 120 acer farm in Indiana. Grandpa wants to sell it to us for what he paid for it back in 63. It's got everything we need including a 4200 sq ft log home and 20 stable barn. My concern is the winters. Winter in Indiana sucks but I think winter up that way would be 10x worse. Anyone up in the bolder junction, Minoquia or Manotwish waters area? Let me know how bad it really is.

·
Bracket racer
5,194 Posts
its colder longer. This past winter was the worse in years. But beautiful in the summer.

·
الكتاب ا
6,697 Posts
68_F100 said:
We breed and sell draft horses and need a bigger place than out 120 acer farm in Indiana.
120 acres is a decent piece of ground.

You could buy Grampa's land... then flip it to buy yourself more land in Indiana?

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I'm about 30 miles north of Boulder Junction, my wife works in Manitowish Waters. We had a couple of horses, and they seemed to enjoy the snow a lot more than the flys in summer. If it helps, it snows less in Boulder than it does 30 miles north in the U.P.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
awesome snowmobiling & atv trails up by Boulder.
IMO you get used to the cold if you let yourself. or you can fight it & be unhappy 1/3rd of the year

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts
Good luck! Bring your shovel.... a big one!

·
Banned
15,938 Posts
Beer stays cold into late April sitting on your porch. Actually its not bad, I have a cottage just north of there on the Turtle Flowage I frequent in winter and love it, its an awesome area a lot of wildlife but not much beyond logging for industry. Winters are not that bad, don't get scared, last year was abnormal. And welcome to Gods Country

·
Registered
877 Posts
I live about 2 hours south of Boulder Jct.

Sure, the snow can get deep, and the winters can get cold, but the mosquitos are huge and the woodticks are plentiful.

·
Registered
330 Posts
That is a great area, my wife and I just bought a cabin over there.

·
Registered
13,346 Posts
Careful, IMSHOT could be your next door neighbor.:shock:

·
Banned
119,191 Posts
Buy a snowmobile and get lots of fire wood

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
this is south east Wisconsin, we get more snow than up north sometimes.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the pics. I knew the snow would be bad. My real worry was the cold. Horses do ok in the cold but I don't know about the -50s lol. Wife has pretty much decided this is what we are doing so I'm along for the ride. I grew up on a like by cable WI in the summers with my grandpa fishing. He had a little cabin on a lake up there so that's where I spent my summers. But he came back to Indiana in the fall so ice never seen a WI winter.

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts
this is south east Wisconsin, we get more snow than up north sometimes.

LOL!

How do you get out of that building, through the window! :p :rolleyes: LMMFAO!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts