·
Registered
2,631 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Anyone got real world data on how they perform

http://www.rehermorrison.com/rmSale3.htm
I don't have any real world data on them as does probably almost anyone except on stuff like Ed posted.

Someone would need to do a test with a bunch of these but I doubt any of these LS3 heads are any different on the usual 366-416 unless you are turning them way up there and then no doubt Darin's head would really start shining as I am sure it is a nice head.

At <7000 RPM with the long runner manifolds I doubt many of the bigger LS3 heads will do that much. We've had so many and they always seem pretty close to the same. They are too big to work that well I think on the smaller stuff as we have 243 and even 4.8/5.3 heads run right with them making big power in the same applications.

You can run a smaller cam with a big LS3 head like that so in that way they are different. That alone is a plus in many ways.

·
out of work hair dresser
8,341 Posts
Anyone got real world data on how they perform

http://www.rehermorrison.com/rmSale3.htm
No but I'd like to find out more.

I find gross irony in your thread looking for "real world" when a vast majority of your posts are based off bullshit and shit stirring.....................nothing remotely "real world".

I don't think you're Frank Baba at all. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
The problem problem is that it's really hard to get any "real world" info anyway as almost every test is biased somehow usually.

For instance on a 6.2 shortblock test up to 6500 rpm with a stock LS3 intake I doubt any of the ported LS3 heads like Darins would be that far apart at all.

Now on a 440 CID test with an LS3 carb style intake I think a great LS3 head like Darins would probably show a lot bigger gains over other ported LS3 heads.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
How would Darin's heads work on a 400 in bic compression /solid roller app with lets say a mast intake if you couldfigure out the valvetrain issues to work with a solid roller
Any power in that set up over a very good cathedral port setup?

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
The Ls3 heads are a decent price for a hydraulic cam application. But $3800.00 for the Ls7 heads which aren't aftermarket castings?

·
Gigity
3,140 Posts
It's too bad they don't start with an aftermarket casting to do their CNC porting on.
I am thinking they start with the LS3 casting because it is very inexpensive to start out with. Shit would add up fast if Darin started out with a mozez head(or whatever aftermarket head).
And take the BULLSHIT BASHING back to the Trash forum

·
Registered
461 Posts
I am thinking they start with the LS3 casting because it is very inexpensive to start out with. Shit would add up fast if Darin started out with a mozez head(or whatever aftermarket head).
Exactly. Not everyone can afford high end heads and for the most part, they don't need them. Take myself for instance. I just wanted a 460-480rwhp rip around in. You don't need aftermarket heads for that.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Thanks for stopping into this one Darin. BTW - Neal, the GTO guy is coming your way in November for a set of these heads.

:drinkers:

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Exactly. Not everyone can afford high end heads and for the most part, they don't need them. Take myself for instance. I just wanted a 460-480rwhp rip around in. You don't need aftermarket heads for that.
Do you all have a program for 243 heads?

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Who the fuck is bullshit bashing you fucking bitch. I think it would be cool if they offered a badass head based off of an AFR casting or something. Pussy.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Do you all have a program for 243 heads?
No but I can. If you want a set ported for a particular implication call. If you do many of them I will digitize it and reproduce it.

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
No but I'd like to find out more.

I find gross irony in your thread looking for "real world" when a vast majority of your posts are based off bullshit and shit stirring.....................nothing remotely "real world".

I don't think you're Frank Baba at all. :rolleyes:
Bahhhh... Billy

Anyways, the stock LS3 head is a great casting. It's thick enough where it needs to be and plenty strong. The only drawback of it is the chamber shape if you want to get aggressive with the VJ angles and shoot for 400cfm out of it. A little weld would help that out ;-)

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Bahhhh... Billy

Anyways, the stock LS3 head is a great casting. It's thick enough where it needs to be and plenty strong. The only drawback of it is the chamber shape if you want to get aggressive with the VJ angles and shoot for 400cfm out of it. A little weld would help that out ;-)
we are still waiting for your junk.....

bring that shit to texas and we will send you home packing you head guru thats fucked more shit then a 4 year old could ever dream of..........

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
No but I can. If you want a set ported for a particular implication call. If you do many of them I will digitize it and reproduce it.

Hey Darin...after reading about the offered program for the LS3/7 I had a few questions. From what I've read and been around....the LS3 head seems to only be equal to the cathedral stuff....unless the cubes are really pumped up. Example...most of the LS3 headed motors are only 5-15hp above the cathedral numbers on 420 cubes or less.

Do the LS3 heads require a lot more cubes for the ports to "come alive" ?? Like 430ci+ ?? Given the port volume of the CNCed LS3 ?? Because they are 260cc before anyone touches them.

Or are the LS3 heads I've been comparing, a lesser head than your CNCed LS3's ??

Anyone have finial numbers on them yet ??

I'm really considering your LS3's on a 4" stroke 414" I'm building.

Thanks...........

1 - 20 of 22 Posts