Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 343 Posts

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Regulators for nitrous

I have a speedtech 2 stage plate, according to their tune up stage one 200 hp is 5.8 psi/70 jet. Stage two 150 hp 5.8 psi/70jet. If this is the tune up i am running can i run both stages thru one holly 12803 regulator? If so do i only flow one side of the regulator with the other side still hooked to its fuel solenoid.

·
Trouble Maker, So Im told
4,433 Posts
I believe there is a Product engineering setup in the Buy and sell here.
If im right I think its Chis U.'s

·
Trouble Maker, So Im told
4,433 Posts
Sorry Steve , this is the one time I dont agree.
I personally hate the creeping NOS solenoids.
I run the return style system in my car and would never run a dead head system again.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
From what i have read on these threads the deadhead style or return line is not right or wrong, they both work and it depends on who you talk to which one works the best. To me it seems like a little fuel creep might be good on the initial hit of nitrous but maybe not.

·
The nitrous guy
7,189 Posts
Pitbull, the problem with Magna-Fuels, PEs and other high dollar regs on the nitrous, is that they have large seats, which generally means they are not very repeatable and recover slowly. Have hurt many a guys feelings when he brings his high dollar reg in and show him how erratic it is on the flow bench. The Holleys are cheap, but they are dead solid reliable, repeatable and recover quicker than any other. You can bypass the Holley and solve the creeping issue. A small bleed jet on one of the outlets, solves the creep problem. Some like this, some don't.

Monte

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Pitbull, the problem with Magna-Fuels, PEs and other high dollar regs on the nitrous, is that they have large seats, which generally means they are not very repeatable and recover slowly. Have hurt many a guys feelings when he brings his high dollar reg in and show him how erratic it is on the flow bench. The Holleys are cheap, but they are dead solid reliable, repeatable and recover quicker than any other. You can bypass the Holley and solve the creeping issue. A small bleed jet on one of the outlets, solves the creep problem. Some like this, some don't.

Monte
not to hijack but whats the proper way to mod for bypass?

·
The nitrous guy
7,189 Posts
It takes no regulator mods. All you have to do, is install a gauge port fitting on one of the outlets of the reg. Screw a plate type, jet fitting into the gauge port, install a .018 jet in the fitting and run a return line back to the cell from there...or...if you run mutiple sytems, run the small returns in to a block and return the block to the cell.

Monte

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
It takes no regulator mods. All you have to do, is install a gauge port fitting on one of the outlets of the reg. Screw a plate type, jet fitting into the gauge port, install a .018 jet in the fitting and run a return line back to the cell from there...or...if you run mutiple sytems, run the small returns in to a block and return the block to the cell.

Monte
Monte,

This setup is very popular on the Fulton stuff I have seen and from looking at pictures it looks like Speedtech is using the same style setup. A lot of the people I've seen with the Fulton tune-ups have a bleed line running from each regulator to a block where all of the bleed lines join together, then return to the tank through one line. The questions I have are these. First, would that .018 jet be placed in each individual bleed line going to the block, or after the block and in the single line running to the tank? Second, some of the guys I've seen with these setups have the return block capped off and are not essentially not using the bypass system. I am assuming this is because they are not experiencing a significant amount of pressure creep and therefore just simply aren't using the bypass. Is that correct?

I have worked with systems that both did and didn't have bypass fuel systems and neither one experienced any fuel pressure creep according to our data, but I guess its better to have one and not need it than to not have it and need it.

·
Procharger Power
23,972 Posts
Monte,

This setup is very popular on the Fulton stuff I have seen and from looking at pictures it looks like Speedtech is using the same style setup. A lot of the people I've seen with the Fulton tune-ups have a bleed line running from each regulator to a block where all of the bleed lines join together, then return to the tank through one line. The questions I have are these. First, would that .018 jet be placed in each individual bleed line going to the block, or after the block and in the single line running to the tank? Second, some of the guys I've seen with these setups have the return block capped off and are not essentially not using the bypass system. I am assuming this is because they are not experiencing a significant amount of pressure creep and therefore just simply aren't using the bypass. Is that correct?

I have worked with systems that both did and didn't have bypass fuel systems and neither one experienced any fuel pressure creep according to our data, but I guess its better to have one and not need it than to not have it and need it.
The jet is right near the regulator so that you don't fill the entire bleed line. Artis Houston has 3 of them on his car along with pressure transducers for the Racepak. I wish I had pictures as it looks trick and works well.

·
Procharger Power
23,972 Posts
Mike are you still working on artis's car ? What changes have you made to Lonnie's ride to run in wild ?
No I don't work on the Nova anymore. I had to completely rewire the Malibu. It's got some tricks in there that i've never tried before.:cool: Plus I had to replumb the manifold and all the feedlines and such.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Another type...

I run a Paxton 6 port ( same as the Aeromotive 6-port), run a fuel pressure safety switch on the regulated side set 3/4 lb off the set nitrous fuel pressure, and it has never let me down in 6years. Never seen it on a flow bench but never hurt a plug either. A Holley sure is a cheeper way to go but then, I never have had to adjust mine for pill changes.

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
No I don't work on the Nova anymore. I had to completely rewire the Malibu. It's got some tricks in there that i've never tried before.:cool: Plus I had to replumb the manifold and all the feedlines and such.
I am sure you miss the nova , hey wanna work on a silver one ? :)

1 - 20 of 343 Posts