Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1755 Posts

·
from across the pond...
6,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a little while but we've started on the plug for the mould. This is being handled by Wayne Allman at the Intergalactic custom shop in the UK.
Wayne does this stuff by eye and is an incredible talent..
OK,first pic is how it started. A 1972 Vauxhall Ventora in s**t condition.:-D..

Next is the doors being shortened at the back and lengthened at the front.

Lastly 4 pics. First and second the back raised and the roof chopped. The 3rd pic shows the difference in the window angles/length and roof height.The last is the photo shop impression of what we wanted the back to look like. Close eh...
Obviously this is very early in the build so there are no fine details done yet.

·
My Own Worst Enemy
3,411 Posts
It is going to look great. Please keep us up to date with this build it will be awesome when it is finished.

·
from across the pond...
6,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are you going to use the drivetrain from Redvictor2 or are you going a different route?
I'm using the engine block and crank..lol It'll be 588ci with billet RFD heads on alky(race)/pump gas(street) with twin 91's and a bruno/3speed Lenco but still street legal.
Thanks everyone. Appreciate it..

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
I'm using the engine block and crank..lol It'll be 588ci with billet RFD heads on alky(race)/pump gas(street) with twin 91's and a bruno/3speed Lenco but still street legal.
Thanks everyone. Appreciate it..

Sounds Badass! Take lots of pics and keep us informed!

·
from across the pond...
6,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
what size tires is that?
at the moment tiny..lol When it's done it'll start out on 34.5" tall for racing. There'll be room for 36".The wheel arches are being lengthened 6". I'm building the car for 5sec 1/4's. How long it takes to get there we'll have to see.
The car is just sitting at it's std ride height now.It has to go down 6" and be raked. Like i said it's early in the build stage.
Wayne has done a time lapse photo set which i'll post when he's a little more through the work.
Thanks everyone for your comments and interest.:smt023

·
Registered
48,068 Posts
I used to be proud of that car when I owned it, polishin' the tires an' all, hell, I even enjoyed the odd picnic....now look what you've fuckin' done!!
.....:-D

1 - 20 of 1755 Posts