Yellow Bullet Forums banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Lol!

Notice any difference in performance on the 6.5 with the straight pipe?
Ran a little cooler when loaded, and gets up inclines a little easier when loaded and i keep the rpm up.

Main reason i took it off is to just get more heat out of it when loaded, which i figured would be good for it in the long run. I put up to 30,000 lbs on the thing, its a 10 wheeler with a 25 foot long tray, and on long steep inclines the temps creep up when its hauling stuff.

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
You should put some zoomies through the hood. Add flappers to help with back pressure
Great. Now we are onto another problem. Like what kind of spring pressure is needed at what rpm/boost on that flapper. Green, blue, red? Custom spring? See what you have done?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I said id primarily do this to quieten my junk down....for me, its about stealth when wanted... namely to avoid cop issues, but sometimes i dont want to be rattling peoples widows either especially late at night. So i know im going a little off topic from the OP, though I get the premise for those wanting to do this for other reasons.
Not off topic at all... I don’t want to attract attention either, it just needs it to breathe better above 45-5000 rpms. .... and I like the sound I have now .... so it needs a few more ‘holes’ that will open under pressure. Thx,

41 - 45 of 45 Posts