Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here is the issue. I have a RPM data logger with a Daytona Sensors WEGO IIID system for reading the AFR. Everything has worked great for years but I just created a problem when converting to 16 volt battery and adding an alternator. The WEGO system will only work up to approx. 16.5 volts and with the alternator charging it will see almost 18.5 volts. Anything over 18 volts the WEGO will go into a default mode. Is there an easy way to reduce/limit the input voltage to the WEGO to around 16.0-16.5 volts?? The WEGO system will pull up to 1 AMP.

Scott

·
Registered
26,607 Posts
Ballast Resistor out of an old dodge or chrysler ignition ssytem, i think from late 60's to late 70's. Should drop it a bit further than that.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Ok here is the issue. I have a RPM data logger with a Daytona Sensors WEGO IIID system for reading the AFR. Everything has worked great for years but I just created a problem when converting to 16 volt battery and adding an alternator. The WEGO system will only work up to approx. 16.5 volts and with the alternator charging it will see almost 18.5 volts. Anything over 18 volts the WEGO will go into a default mode. Is there an easy way to reduce/limit the input voltage to the WEGO to around 16.0-16.5 volts?? The WEGO system will pull up to 1 AMP.

Scott
PM sent.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
use about 15' of wire wound up in the trunk from your alternator to the battery voltage drop red neck style.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts