Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know many of you don't use Redneck converters BUT I just recently purchased a converter from them for my daily driver streetcar and noticed their website and ebay page are down. The website is gone and there are no items for sale on their ebay page????

Does anyone know any details did they go out of businness???

·
Registered
418 Posts
Art Carr went out of business. They were also redneck. If you ordered redneck you talked to Cory(Donald). All the orders were went to Abilene. And built. If it was art Carr we Painted it black and put it in a white box. Redneck we painted camo and put in a brown box. Same parts just different color and box.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I know many of you don't use Redneck converters BUT I just recently purchased a converter from them for my daily driver streetcar and noticed their website and ebay page are down. The website is gone and there are no items for sale on their ebay page????

Does anyone know any details did they go out of businness???
Have you actually picked it up already? Maybe there's an empty box sitting at the border for you. :shock:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Art Carr went out of business. They were also redneck. If you ordered redneck you talked to Cory(Donald). All the orders were went to Abilene. And built. If it was art Carr we Painted it black and put it in a white box. Redneck we painted camo and put in a brown box. Same parts just different color and box.
When exactly was this supposed to have happened? I just talked with them a short time ago, was out there - looked all good to me, business as usual.

·
Registered
418 Posts
They closed a few weeks ago. Alot of people bashed the products put out by these guys. Depending what you were doing their stuff was top notch. The owners didn't allow any r&d so the real high horsepower stuff wasn't like a chance converter.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They closed a few weeks ago. Alot of people bashed the products put out by these guys. Depending what you were doing their stuff was top notch. The owners didn't allow any r&d so the real high horsepower stuff wasn't like a chance converter.
I have yet to go pick up the converter I ordered from the parcel service. Do you think the converter actually got shipped out???? Did they finish shipping out all the orders that customers had placed???

And is there anyway to get a hold of anyone from redneck? Why did they close it seemed like they had a lot of business.

·
Registered
946 Posts
When I was in the transmission parts business I used to sell Luke Jackson a lot of parts, always bought quality stuff and seemed like a great guy. Dealt with him for about 4 years.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Thumbs up for Luke Jackson! Great Guy to deal with. I have bought several trans and converters from Him for different cars, and all worked great. His stuff is in My car now.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I ran their stuff for a while until I pulled it apart myself and took a peak inside as to what they installed. The parts were rust pitted with chipped teeth on the planetaries. Looked like they walked over to the trash and picked them up and installed them into the trans. I started to build my own stuff after seeing that from them. I called donald about this (a while ago) and he never returned my call and gave me the finger basically.

I guess you get what you pay for. Guess it finally caught up with them.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts