Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
debating which route to go for a good converter for a turbo mustang stock block , need ur input plz? anyone here have any experience with either or on a turbo charges ford? i have to make a decision by tomorrow im sorry i think i posted b4 in the turbo charged section

·
Disconnected
3,444 Posts
Redneck gets good reviews from guys with 500-600HP cars. there just 10 inch street strip converters.

PTC is a company that builds for all different horsepower applications. I'm sure they can set you up with the right converter for your application and probably stand behind it as well.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Money no object,PTC,Ultimate,or Chance would likely be my top three choices.

So between Redneck & PTC it's pretty obvious where I'd stand,the guys @ PTC just have way more converter building experience behind them than most of "newer" converter building outfits like Redneck and such have,and that ample experience tends to lead to an excellent end product.

But I also totally agree with what Streetracer09 says about Redneck having an OK rep with many "milder" combos,so they can be an option as well,especially when the budget absolutely dictates the utmost in restraint,while still hoping for decent value and performance results.

But IMO,with the turbo combo,PTC will be more likely hit the mark.

So that alone might be worth spending a few $$$ more.

Bret P.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I will say yes to redneck for a street convertor (street strip application) all race purpose go the other direction .Good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts