Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
debating which route to go for a good converter for a turbo mustang stock block , need ur input plz? anyone here have any experience with either or on a turbo charges ford? i have to make a decision by tomorrow

·
Registered
180 Posts
i got a redneck one in mine that was set up for NOS and has held up well for over a year, but now i am going turbo and will prolly have to get it redone. Many prolly will say PTC bc most dont know of redneck but i would prolly call and check with both to see what they can offer

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Had a PTC, great convertor, and great people to deal with! Also very fast turnaround time!! Definitely going to get another for my new project!

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
I would suggest you call and talk to both. Let them know what your application is and go from there.
One of the turbo cars I presently tune on runs a PTC and I can say hands down it is a quality piece and the guys there are great to work with.

·
SB2.2 + pt106
1,928 Posts
i run a ptc i got it from Dusty 256-303-5387
give him a call he can definitely get you setup right

·
Registered
718 Posts
had a small redneck in my jeep 3 weeks ago. came with the jeep when i got it. it was suppost to be a tough spragless and it held for awhile but i stripped the splines out of it 2 weeks ago. now i am going with Lenny at Ultimate converter. his customer service is TOP NOTCH.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so far it looks like all fingers point to ptc so far . i have to make a decision by tomorrow ! keep the recommendations coming

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
PTC ask for Lane

·
Registered
718 Posts
Ucc. Lenny is the man.
thats what i say. its almost the same 2 names mentioned everytime about a converter question. its either PTC or Ultimate and Lenny. cant go wrong with either but i truely like Lennys customer service.

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
I can set you up with a PTC. If you call PTC, Lane is currently on vacation this week. My cell # is posted.

Need some specifics to determine which converter is best. Turbo size, rpm range, trans brake or footbrake is just some starter questions.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i have a single turbo car and i use redneck internals, transbrake and converter , for my first time owning a c-4 called them up and they set my trans on kill well my tranny builder set it on kill with redneck everything . 9 1/2 stall . no prblems yet

·
Registered
275 Posts
I got a ptc from dusty and it is dead on. Shows only 4% slip on 28 lbs on a 106mm.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I ran a Redneck converter for a while, my combo never seemed to work right and we tried everything but changing the converter. Car would run horrible 1/8 even with 3.90 gears (6.40s at 114) mile but would run 145 mph in the 1/4 mile at 6400 RPM. Tires were 315 MT DRs. I changed to a PTC converter Dusty got for me. Still havent run new converter yet but Im hoping to see some better 1/8 mile times.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts