Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
9,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I try to help keep the earth clean as best as I can, I recycle a lot, and I toss my old bread/cereal, etc...out for the birds to keep it out of landfills. I know a lot of states/regions are slow adopters to recycling, but I think it’s very commonplace now, do you guys recycle?

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
We used to have curbside recycling a few years ago but they stopped doing it. Just recently they put a recycle container right up the street but you have to only recycle certain things and drop it off. I don't mind doing it. Just trying to do my part.

·
Registered
8,957 Posts
Recycle aluminum cans for$$, take all our paper, cardboard, plastic etc to bins for recycling. Took some scrap in last week for $50 .....copper, brass etc.

·
Registered
10,482 Posts
We do around here. Blue can for paper/aluminum and black for everything else. It gets separated at the landfill.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Apparently a lot of people I know including my girl never learned the reduce part of reduce, reuse, recycle. Filling up the damn recycling can with not broken down boxes and bottles /cans not crushed. Our recycling is all recyclables in the same container.

·
time to go racing yet ?
34,852 Posts
we do our best to recycle..... but the plastic jugs the DEF comes in are burned .... guess it helps offset the no soot from the pickup...

·
Mother Hen
51,607 Posts
They used to do it here, but now they sort it at the landfill. We have convenience centers you can dump at, too, but you have to sort all of that to go in the correct dumpsters. You can dump a couch or a washing machine or whatever, as long as you put it in the right dumpster.

·
Banned
4,023 Posts
As much as i hate the government i still think it should be federal law, recycle every thing possible..stop filling up the land and oceans with trash

·
Banned
119,191 Posts
Condoms are easy to recycle but you have to turn them inside out and shake the fuck out of them first .

·
Registered
21,101 Posts
Recycling is a joke. Seattle, eg, is banning drinking straws which adds up to "hundreds of pounds" meanwhile TONS of unusable plastic comes from other sources. You buy shit in the store, sometimes the bubble pack has more material and is stronger than the product, good example is memory cards and USB "sticks" They come in a giant heavy plastic bullshit

THE WAY TO RECYCLE is to actually use stuff either for what it was intended or re-purposed rather than buying new. Shit most the clothes I wear came from the thrift store. I probably have 30 pair of blue jeans (pretty much all I wear) many of which are torn "working on cars" pants, some better, for 'work' and a few for "dress." ALL came from the thrift. Haven't bought a new pair of jeans in over 20 years.

My lawnmower is a Honda from the thrift for THIRTY SEVEN BUCKS.

·
Ass, Gas or Grass
17,174 Posts
Recycle aluminum cans for$$, take all our paper, cardboard, plastic etc to bins for recycling. Took some scrap in last week for $50 .....copper, brass etc.
Around here cars are $60 a ton... its ridiculous!

·
Registered
583 Posts
They pick up the garbage every week, the recycling every other. I recycle til the can is full then the rest goes in the garbage. Quite often it's full after the first week.

In CA they picked up both every week, the recycling was 2x the size of the garbage. A lot more got recycled there. But I'm not going out of my way to do it here if they aren't even willing to pick it up every week like the trash.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts