Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a flat this Saturday so we need at least one, and looking at the others they are showing some signs of cracking in the sidewall. It is a open trailer with a solid deck and we tow a 3250lb car with it. Currently it has 205/75/15D tires on it, not sure what brand. What do you guys recommend for tires and where should we buy them from.

·
Bracket racer
5,189 Posts
Bought mine from Fleet farm. Check there. good prices on trailer tires if theres one near you.

·
Bracket racer
5,189 Posts
Discounttiredirect.com Check them, they had some decent priced tires for my truck. Will probably have something for your trailer.

·
In the Beams.
21,997 Posts
Go to a 225/75/15 E it is a step up in tire size ( 225 MM vs. 205 ) but the load rating goes from D to E 10 Ply

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I just bought four 225/75/15 E Maxxis trailer tires from Discount Tire Friday. I bought them from their website. They have free shipping and a low price guarantee. They were $121.00 each minus the road hazzard warranty they offer. Everything I've read says the Maxxis brand is the best trailer tire out there.

·
The Warbird
6,478 Posts
Go to a 225/75/15 E it is a step up in tire size ( 225 MM vs. 205 ) but the load rating goes from D to E 10 Ply
^^^ do this and most any tire store can order if not in stock

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
NO DAMN GOODYEAR MARATHON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've had pretty good luck with Greenball trailer tires from Discount Tire. Get the 10plys.
really I've had a set on my 24ft pace for 4 years now and no problems

·
bye
50,511 Posts
really I've had a set on my 24ft pace for 4 years now and no problems
I'm anal as hell on my trailer tires. I check how I load the trailer and how it sits. I check the load and tire pressures about 100 miles into my trip. It tells me if I have things misloaded.
When I go my first set of the Goodyears I was VERY excited. I drove from Texas to Norwalk and the tires still had the little tits on them. WooHoo......or so I thought. I blew the first tire at 15K. NO WARNING what so ever and still had plenty tread. It got warranted so I thought I was ok. Another 2000 miles later I blew another. Same thing........NO WARNING. When the third blew, I got rid of them all!
Go do a google search on them.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
wow man never knew that I did 3 trips from chicago to autsin and the last one had a 52 buick in the back!!!! I switched to them because I was wiping out bias ply ones and figured i'd try a radial for a change.

·
bye
50,511 Posts
wow man never knew that I did 3 trips from chicago to autsin and the last one had a 52 buick in the back!!!! I switched to them because I was wiping out bias ply ones and figured i'd try a radial for a change.
The Greenballs I have good luck with are radials and are 10plys.
You can run only 65psi on the GY and the Greenballs run 80psi max.
That dang Buick was a LOAD!! LOL!
Just be careful!

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
It's hard to find an American made trailer tire these days. My enclosed trailer, which I bought new in '06, came with tires that look exactly like Goodyear Marathons. They are called Mission and are made in China. I need to buy new tires for it already because they are all shot.

As far as I know, the Marathons are still made in the good 'ol USA.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
yeah that buick was fuckin heavy man,I will definitely be looking at new tires soon.

·
Registered
8,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Will I have any clearance problems if I go to a 225/75/15? The fenders of the trailer are already pretty close to the tire when it is loaded.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
I have about 15 or 16,000 miles on a set of Ironman 16" 215, 10 ply tires. I dont know who makes them, but they've been great. I rarely have to put air in them, maybe twice a yr., and I think I paid 125 ea M&B. I keep them at 80 psi.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Goodyear marathons=crap. This is the only tire that Goodyear sells that is made in China. They did not used to be, and were good tires, not any more.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts