Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Megasquirt 3 has the capability. Maybe it would be a good thing to set the car up for Flex Fuel..

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
I believe almost everyone uses the GM Flex Fuel Sensor.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I use the GM sensor made by continental on two different vehicles. Cheap and works well, seems all the aftermarket higher priced ones are these with a sticker on them anyways.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
I was told they have the same frequencies & was recommended to use the Continental VDO.... No real feedback yet.

As it was only 3/8” pipe,I didn’t want it on my fuel supply. I decided to add a take off on my return line & also went with compression fittings to AN. T from the return line passes through the Flex fuel sensor & returns to tank.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good deal. I was thinking I would run it on my Return as well..

·
Registered
178 Posts
Good info...I am looking to convert from C16 to E85 over winter and was starting to research the sensor configurations and availability.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
If you have access to good consistent E85 I wouldn't even worry with a flex fuel sensor. Even then if it wasn't a daily driver I would probably just use a decent tester and adjust as necessary. IMHO unless you are on the ragged edge a couple % either way doesn't seem to make any real difference. Just my $0.02

Reactions: 7secTurboLX

·
Registered
69 Posts
T'd in the return is the only way I recommend running them. In line they can even restrict return flow causing fuel pressure issues at idle. If you are plumbing the system now, as in a fresh fuel system install, take a look at the Power House Racing Flex Fuel Sensor Dual Bypass. Here's the link

1 - 9 of 9 Posts