Yellow Bullet Forums banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I have ls9 heads, arp stock dia studs ls9 gaskets and both gmpp single plane and the 92mm holley intake(hoping it will fit under flat hood) on 03 6.0 short block. Heads are bolt on affair you need l92 rockers and stands.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
The stock 6.0 block would be on borrowed time if your running mid to low 8s.. I just price a few parts about going ls but I was going to do the junkyard setup with the 6.0 lq4 and 823 castings .. But I have a dart iron eagle 8.2 sbf already and I read a lot about how much potential it has in stock form.. But if making the power to hit mid to low 8s looks like I will stay with the ford stuff.. Makes a decision hard when you can put up numbers with factory parts..

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Piss on aftermarket cranks and rods. Junkyard short block replace the bolts and gaskets. Port the heads yourself and a better cam. Then put a turbo on it. Save the money for a better engine with all the best stuff later. Practice with junkyard stuff now so you don't blow up the good shit you buy later. Because we all are never satisfied with what we got. We all want more power later.

·
Gigity
3,140 Posts
I made 1067 FLYWHEEL HP with junkyard 6.0 and junkyard l92 heads, with a cam, valve springs and push rods @ 16psi. It is EASY with an LS. How long it will live is the question, and the tune has more to do with that than the 1k power level IMHO.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Would I be better off building the iron eagle block I already have or doing a lq4 from the junkyard and using 823 casting head with better rod bolts and hardware .. Keep in mind I won't be racing this every weekend.. Just when I do like to have the power on tap

·
Registered
449 Posts
How is everyone doing with there Turbo LS set ups this year...I'm looking to do something similar...I already have a 6.0 liter...just needs to be gone through. Really would like to do a pick up...or I have a Pontiac G body sitting waiting to be messed with..lolol...anyone done anything different this year ...new part suggestions?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a iron 6.0 block with 317 heads. Just aquired two 67/66 Percision Turbos with Stainless Works headers and the Fast 2.0 EFI ignition and fuel computers no intake yet. Was thinking about changing rods and pistons for now buy have also thought about stroker rotating assembly. Looking for recomendations on intake and cam and mods to my heads. Just getting into turbos wanting to build solid turbo LS to learn on and go fast

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a iron 6.0 block with 317 heads. Just aquired two 67/66 Percision Turbos with Stainless Works headers and the Fast 2.0 EFI ignition and fuel computers no intake yet. Was thinking about changing rods and pistons for now buy have also thought about stroker rotating assembly. Looking for recomendations on intake and cam and mods to my heads. Just getting into turbos wanting to build solid turbo LS to learn on and go faster than my Nitrous 383 that runs 6.50 in the 1/8th.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts