Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FITZGERALD, GA (WALB) - A forklift operator who recently won a nearly half-million dollar Georgia lottery jackpot was killed overnight Thursday during a home invasion robbery, investigators confirmed.

Officials said 20-year-old Craigory Burch, Jr. died from gunshot wounds at a home on Stubbs Avenue.

Burch had won a $434,272 Fantasy 5 jackpot in November 2015.

Once on scene, GBI agents spent the overnight hours collecting evidence from the home.

MORE: GA considers anonymity option for lottery winners

Investigators said Burch's girlfriend, Jasmine Hendricks, was in the home at the time and ran for help.

A shotgun blast blew open the door and three masked, armed men ran in, she said.

"When they came in, he said, 'don't do it bro. Don't do it in front of my kids. Please don't do it in front of my kids and old lady. Please don't do that bro. Please don't. He said I'll give you my bank card," Hendricks recalled.

That's when Burch threw his pants to the robbers, who looked for but couldn't find his wallet.

Then they shot and killed him before running away.

http://m.walb.com/walb/db_347747/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=eA5NDXZ6

·
I am The Dentist
50,953 Posts
If you've got lots of cash, or people know you have access to lots of cash, you need to be armed.
All the time.
And you need guns in drawers all over the house.

Most home invasions, robberies, burglaries, assaults, etc. are crimes of opportunity. Scum bag sees someone, or is out prowling and finds an unlocked door, or just picks your house one night.

But if you've got money, you won't be a random target: you will become some asshole's plan to a quick score.
And he'll show up with guns and friends.

-Brad

·
Registered
9,814 Posts
FUCKING Stickup kids aren't worth a fuck! They will get theirs soon. KARMA IS A BITCH! I wonder who told of his winnings or did he go public from the start? In this day and age you better keep that type of thing private!

·
Registered
9,814 Posts
If you've got lots of cash, or people know you have access to lots of cash, you need to be armed.
All the time.

Most home invasions, robberies, burglaries, assaults, etc. are crimes of opportunity. Scum bag sees someone, or is out prowling and finds an unlocked door, or just picks your house one night.

But if you've got money, you won't be a random target: you will become some asshole's plan to a quick score.

-Brad
So true. I know a friend who got held up by some fool stick up kids. They put a gun to his wife and child's head. They got a little cash but luckily no one was killed.

·
Banned
26,908 Posts
FUCKING Stickup kids aren't worth a fuck! They will get theirs soon. KARMA IS A BITCH! I wonder who told of his winnings or did he go public from the start? In this day and age you better keep that type of thing private!
I think the state of Georgia publicly announces winners names and addresses.
I could be wrong, but I think they want like 25% of the winnings to keep your name and address private.

·
Banned
16,548 Posts
Redistribution of wealth. The libtards love this shit.

·
Registered
9,814 Posts
I could be wrong, but I think they want like 25% of the winnings to keep your name and address private.
And they can get that too. Too many stupid fools like this around. Sad really Sad!

·
Registered
9,315 Posts

First off the name of EVERY lottery winner should be private unless the winner wishes otherwise. Secondly (if this is true) extorting 25% of the winnings on top of the heavy taxes they already take is IMHO criminal.

·
I am The Dentist
50,953 Posts
By law, lottery winner's names are made public record here in Georgia. I can't remember if they require a picture, too.
There's a bill that was just introduced with the huge Powerball, that said you can be anonymous if you donate 25-percent of your winnings to Georgia Education or another non-profit organization.

I have a feeling after this murder, that pendulum will swing the other way.

-Brad

·
Registered
9,814 Posts
Redistribution of wealth. The libtards love this shit.
This is nothing to joke about! Nothing to do with political party. This man lost his life because of his good fortune. If you don't like the lotto , that's fine. I don't play it either. Now tell us why someone would want this type of madness to happen to anyone?

·
Age of Acquiescence
31,106 Posts
Sucks but its representative of the real worlds risks eith fame and fortune.
Always a wolf looking for a score off a mark

I sincerely hope that is not true.

·
Registered
6,473 Posts
All the time.

-Brad
A few years ago a guy that drove a semi for the same company as my brother-in-law was robbed making deliveries. He was carrying $2000 in cash. He couldn't understand why all his fellow drivers were so mad at him. They said thanks a lot for putting a bulls-eye on everyone of us.

·
Smart Ass Conservative
105,619 Posts
They better check to see if the girlfriend wasn't in on it somehow .

Reactions: ironpony

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Florida publicly announces the name and city of any lottery winners. Not to hard to find out someones address these days with the computer/internet.

Names should be withheld, period!

·
Satans Daddy
14,678 Posts
Gotta pay us or we will out you.SMH

1 - 20 of 31 Posts