Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to get a rear wing for my car, like one from ed quay. My question is at what speed does it become functional. I dont want to put one on my car and it does nothing. Right now my car runs 132 mph in the 1/4 on motor and will be spraying 300 on it and looking for 145-150 mph. Is it worth it right now with me only mph 132. thanks

·
Registered
348 Posts
Hey to me its to each his own. its your car . my car only runs in the 11's and I put a Quay on it knowing it will do nothing for me. I just could not resist because it helped the looks of the car alot. I get razzed about it, who cares. As long as I own the car I just need to work on getting its performance level up to the point where it does some good:-D Its like putting the horse back in front of the cart!

·
CFH
2,879 Posts
I race on a crappy track and was running compleatly stock suspension on a 10" tire and the wing helped make the car more stable on the top at 135mph.

·
Registered
404 Posts
alot of cars out there have factory front and rear spoilers that actualy help out, a nova really dont have anything but a rounded off deck lid, I would think it could help out alot at 150mph...beside the fact, they look cool!

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
On my 69 Nova it made a world of difference, @ 152 on motor it was all over the track. The next spring with a wing and a fogger it went 168 like I was driving down the highway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts